Client Relationship Manager
- London, England, United Kingdom
- Permanent, Full time
- S&P Global
- 15 Oct 18
Client Relationship Manager
Role/ Title: Service Manager
Department: Global New Issuance Desk
The Team: New Issuance Desk is part of Global Ratings Operations within the S&P Global Ratings division. The team is responsible for the expedited & efficient processing and release of Linked Rating Actions. The team supports Global activity across all practices and consists of Service Managers and Operations Specialists, located in London, Frankfurt, Madrid and Denver.
The Role: The Service Manager role is responsible for developing and managing direct relationships with internal & external clients and stakeholders on a day to day basis. Working with Issuers, the Service Manager reviews & coordinates new issuance activity, providing answers and guidance where necessary.
Internal stakeholders include commercial, analytical, compliance, legal etc. teams. External stakeholders being Legal Counsel, Treasury Management, Investor Relations etc. positions responsible for performing day to day operational tasks throughout the issuer rating process.
Key Tasks & Responsibilities:
- Issuer management:
- Day to day point of contact for approved issuers in all aspects of the Ratings process for their Bond Issuance.
- Develop and maintain excellent relationship with Client representatives.
- Ensure all issuer requests and queries are tracked and responded to in a timely and appropriate way.
- Liaise with issuer to procure final documentation for issues processed by NID.
- Partner with Commercial/ Product Management:
- Proactive research for un-rated issuance and action accordingly.
- Identify potential new clients for the desk.
- Improve the overall Customer Experience.
- Partner with Analytical:
- Ensure all internal requests and queries are tracked and responded to in a timely and appropriate way.
- Working along with the Operations Specialists, ensure prompt & appropriate follow up with the analytical teams to achieve the set operational KPI's.
- Represent team to Analytical business through attendance in Huddles and Meetings.
- Keeps abreast of market conditions and debt Issuance for relevant countries and sectors.
- Adhere to the set processes & procedures as per the SOP's/ OPM's (including applications like Salesforce etc.).
The Career Opportunity: This is a visible role in the organization that will involve engagement with a variety of internal and external stakeholders.
- A proven track record of work experience in managing direct client relationships, preferably in the Financial Services industry.
- Bachelor's degree in Business, Finance.
- Strong interpersonal, written and verbal communication skills and a customer-service orientation. Ability to facilitate group discussion (in person or remotely) and communicate effectively with all management levels.
- Ability to work in a fast-paced, high pressure, fluid environment while performing multiple tasks and ensuring high quality service delivery.
- Must be confident, calm under pressure and possess influencing skills.
- Must be able to work effectively in a team-oriented, global, and multi-cultural environment.
- Strong technical skills with Visio, Excel, PowerPoint along with understanding of any CRM tools (Salesforce preferred).
S&P Global Ratings is the world's leading provider of independent credit ratings. Our ratings are essential to driving growth, providing transparency and helping educate market participants so they can make decisions with confidence. We have more than 1 million credit ratings outstanding on government, corporate, financial sector and structured finance entities and securities. We offer an independent view of the market built on a unique combination of broad perspective and local insight. We provide our opinions and research about relative credit risk; market participants gain independent information to help support the growth of transparent, liquid debt markets worldwide.
S&P Global Ratings is a division of S&P Global (NYSE: SPGI), which provides essential intelligence for individuals, companies and governments to make decisions with confidence. For more information, visit www.spglobal.com/ratings.