Client Partner for Banking and Financial Services BU – Technology / Digital enablement - London
- Market standards
- London, England, United Kingdom
- Permanent, Full time
- Cognizant Technology Solutions UK Ltd
- 18 Nov 18
Cognizant is enabling Banking and Financial services organizations rewrite their futures with digital and disruptive technologies —and opening the door to new services, customer touchpoints and operational efficiencies. A smart enterprise-wide approach positions organisations to deepen customer satisfaction and loyalty, drive long-term relationships and increase profitability in a shifting regulatory landscape. Digital modernization gives traditional financial institutions more than a second chance. Embracing digital transformation requires sweeping modernization of outdated infrastructure
Cognizant’s industry expertise and business solution capabilities are both deep and broad. We offer wide variety of services across the financial services spectrum. Our financial services solutions are driven by significant investments in key technologies such as artificial intelligence (AI), cyber security, blockchain and customer experience management; which is why we are an FS award winner 10 Years in row including -FORTUNE Most Admired Companies, #17- FORTUNE Future 50, #205- FORTUNE 500
More about the role:
- As a Client Partner with our Banking and Financial services division, you will be a key player in shaping innovative solutions for our clients.
- You would be accountable for the overall business performance, profitable growth, quality of revenue and relationship management of the assigned accounts(s).
- You will lead the formation of a world-class bid responses and shaping of Technology enablement solutions to our Customers in the Banking & Financial Services (BFS) industry sectors.
- This role will be based in London and offers attractive career and financial incentives.
Key responsibilities and accountability will you have:
- Plan accounts strategy for long-term profitable growth and position Cognizant as a thought partner and business leader within the account, both with Key stakeholders and positioning against competition.
- Identify, develop, build and leverage partnerships as part of an extended ecosystem with above objective.
- Cultivation of long-term client relationships and is a trusted advisor to the client.
- Able to traverse discussions across CIO-COO-CMO suites, and frame conversations in the context of the client and their business goals for maximum impact.
- Creation of opportunities to position Cognizant credentials, assets and value to the client, and qualify, prioritise and assign opportunities to deliver the highest percentage of wins.
- Role demands a good understanding of – and experience in – how to drive pipeline, sell-and-bill etc., how to improve win-rates and basic bid management / pre-sales. S/he will need to work closely with cross-functional teams across the organisation and outside e.g. marketing, corp-comm, (external) agencies, pre-sales and sales.
- Deliver long term strategy and goals at the BU/Corporate level; lead and manages the Account Team – as well as working closely with the Delivery / Engagement leadership and teams - to ensure attainment of Client’s and Cognizant’s objectives in terms of revenue, margin, DSO, CSAT, mind-share and key operational parameters such as utilisation, pyramid etc.
You will have/ be:
- Steeped in Banking / Financial service domain knowledge, which is current and relevant across one or more of following areas:
- Retail/Wholesale, Cards/ Payments Asset /Wealth Management, Investment Banking, Brokerage, Cap Markets, Asset Management). You will have a broad understanding of legacy platforms, regulatory environment and key industry challenges/opportunities.
- Fully conversant with respect to disruptive technologies capabilities and able to demonstrate where you have influenced shaping and selling transformation digital / solutions involving aspects of customer experience design, ways of working (such as full stack POD models, Agile/Dev-ops- based models etc, AI Machine Learning and Robotics, Cloud / Hybrid Cloud centred technologies, Marketing tech and Ops, Business Process Operations, API based solutions and application modernisation. to C-suite contacts.
- A genuine passion and interest in enterprise technology enablement solutions and opportunities in new ‘ecosystem’ environment.
- Able to deal with ambiguity, positively challenge conventionality and initial problem statements; credibly to achieve new perspective, enhanced collaboration and common win themes.
- Able to identify opportunity, capability and drive accountability internally as well as with clients and strategic partners/Fintechs.
We would like to see most of the following:
- Familiarity with a structured framework(s) for large account management / planning, stakeholder analysis and assessment, situational analysis, competitive positioning and analysis, lead generation / opportunity creation and conversion.
- Should be conversant with standard nomenclature around buying behaviour, stakeholder analysis, win-themes etc which are typically used in a Sales / Biz Dev context.
- Stellar negotiation skills, along with a good grounding in contractual and commercials esp. in the context of outsourced services.
- Evidence of ability to deal with detail around day-to-day operations and be able to provide guidance to the team(s) on key matters including in the event of client-escalation. Should be able to lead and build teams, preferably with a player-coach style or as most relevant to the client-situation.
Also good to have:
· Sound Business acumen
· Excellent communication skill, negotiation skills and strong outcome-orientation
· Grasp of concepts of financial, marketing and business strategy.
· Leadership Capabilities especially around team dynamics, interpersonal skills, mentoring, coaching, valuing principles of D&OI (diversity and inclusion) etc.
Please click link below to watch how we are helping clients navigate, respond and capitalise on disruptive technology and digital evolution.
Cognizant (Nasdaq-100: CTSH) is one of the world's leading professional services companies, transforming clients' business, operating and technology models for the digital era. Our unique industry-based, consultative approach helps clients envision, build and run more innovative and efficient businesses. Headquartered in the U.S., Cognizant is ranked 195 on the Fortune 500 and is consistently listed among the most admired companies in the world. Learn how Cognizant helps clients lead with digital at www.cognizant.com or follow us @Cognizant.