Client Operations VP - London
- London, England, United Kingdom
- Permanent, Full time
- Goldman Sachs International
- 17 Jan 18 2018-01-17
See job description for details
MORE ABOUT THIS JOB OPERATIONS
Operations is a dynamic, multi-faceted division that partners with all parts of the firm to provide banking, securities, and asset management services to clients around the world. In addition, Operations provides essential risk management and controls to preserve and enhance the firm's assets and its reputation. For every new product launched and every trade executed, it is Operations that develops and manages the processes and controls that enable business flow.
RESPONSIBILITIES AND QUALIFICATIONS YOUR IMPACT
Are you looking to work in a dynamic team in an area which will provide outstanding client experience? The Client Operations team is seeking professionals who are motivated, ambitious and excited about contributing to our Business and to be part of a team that is responsible for driving change within a demanding and complex environment.
The Client Operations (CO) team serves as a single point of contact for clients of the firm. The team oversees the strategy and execution of our front to back client experience, and through pre-trade engagement to day to day issue resolution, we partner with our clients and internal teams to deliver outstanding operational service. The primary responsibility of the CO team is to offer support for our clients and strategically partner with them to enhance overall operational service levels. The team acts in partnership with a wide variety of groups across the firm globally, with daily interaction across other Operations teams, including Client Onboarding, Trade Management, Asset Servicing, Margin, Settlements, Regulatory, etc. As well, work closely with Technology, Legal, Credit Risk, Compliance, and Business Leadership. Operations are heavily involved in new product initiatives and process improvements to streamline our support model.
HOW YOU WILL FULFILL YOUR POTENTIAL
• Build, maintain and enhance client relationships with new and existing clients.
• Provide clients with a single point of contact for a wide range of operational issues and account management queries, including addressing execution and position breaks.
• Educate clients on enhancements to the GS offering.
• Compile and analyze metrics to assess client efficiency and experience. Leverage metrics to identify optimal operational channels, driving improvement in client processes and experience.
• Liaise with Core Operations groups such as Trade Management, Income & Expense, Central Accounts Group and Control to resolve queries. Interact with the Business, Sales, Legal and Compliance teams to ensure that commercial opportunities can be facilitated under controlled conditions.
• Work independently at times or with team members and management on strategic projects and process improvement initiatives to reduce risk and/or improve client service delivery.
SKILLS & EXPERIENCE WE'RE LOOKING FOR BASIC QUALIFICATIONS
• Degree in a relevant subject matter.
• Ideal candidate will have worked in a Client Service position previously or have worked in a trade / post trade environment and have a demonstrated service skillset.
• Drive and Motivation - Successfully handles multiple tasks, takes initiative to improve his/her own performance, works intensely towards extremely challenging goals and persists in the face of obstacles or setbacks.
• Client Focus -Effectively handles difficult requests, builds trusting, long-term relationships with clients and manages client/business expectations as well as being able to view problems through the eyes of the client.
• Communication Skills - Communicates what is relevant and important in a clear and concise manner and shares information/new ideas with others.
• Business Focus - Understanding of operational workflows
• Teamwork -Strong team player, collaborates with others within and across teams, encourages other team members to participate and contribute and acknowledges the contributions of others.
• Judgment and Problem solving - Thinks ahead, anticipates questions, finds alternative solutions and identifies clear objectives. Sees the big picture and effectively analyses complex issues.
• Creativity & Innovation - Looks for new ways to improve current processes and develop creative solutions that are grounded in reality and have practical value.
• Influencing Outcomes - Presents sound, persuasive rationale for ideas or opinions. Takes a position on issues and influences others' opinions and presents persuasive recommendations.
ABOUT GOLDMAN SACHS The Goldman Sachs Group, Inc. is a leading global investment banking, securities and investment management firm that provides a wide range of financial services to a substantial and diversified client base that includes corporations, financial institutions, governments and individuals. Founded in 1869, the firm is headquartered in New York and maintains offices in all major financial centers around the world.
© The Goldman Sachs Group, Inc., 2018. All rights reserved Goldman Sachs is an equal employment/affirmative action employer Female/Minority/Disability/Vet.