Client Operations Support
- London, England, United Kingdom
- Permanent, Full time
- 06 Dec 18
GFT's UK Sales and Delivery Team require additional support due to increasing workload as a result of growth relating to our client demand.
As an experienced technology partner, GFT Technologies SE (GFT) is committed to driving the digital transformation of the financial services industry. Drawing on our extensive knowledge of the sector, we advise the world’s leading financial institutions and develop bespoke IT solutions – from banking applications and trading systems, to the implementation and support of complete platforms, and the modernisation of core banking systems. Our global innovation team also develops new business models, focusing on topics such as blockchain, cloud engineering, artificial intelligence and the Internet of Things across all sectors.
About the role:
GFT are currently expanding and we are currently seeking a keen, bright graduate preferably with financial industry experience to join our UK Sales and Delivery Team within the Client Unit.
This role offers a fantastic opportunity to solve challenging business problems, join a high performing team, and to contribute directly to the expansion of our revenue opportunities, ultimately delivering value for both GFT and our banking clients.
The successful candidate will be expected to work closely with the Sales Managers, Delivery Managers and Finance, to provide reliable and purposeful support in all aspects of the end-to-end process of turning sales into cash.
Your principle activities and responsibilities will include:
- Ensuring Kimble (GFT’s internal system for projects) is accurate, up to date and reflects project reality. This involves setting up opportunities, working with sales and delivery to move them through the approval process, amending end dates and updating probabilities
- Assisting in the Pre-Sales Process (including generating the internal spreadsheets to help calculate team sizes/shapes and revenues/margins)
- Creation of SoWs under the guidance of the sales team
- Working closely with Delivery Managers and Project Heads to ensure smooth running of month end processes (checking project reviews are done, all time is submitted, etc.)
- Checking time and expense claims are correct prior to producing and sending timesheets to the client
- Working with Finance to ensure invoices are raised in a timely and accurate manner to our clients
- Chasing debt and producing statements of account for clients
- Contract and document management
- Ensuring our forecast is correct for accurate financial and staffing projections
- Liaising with our clients to ensure the smooth running of projects, resolving disputes wherever they may occur
Build skills through:
- Establishing a strong internal network to ease processes
- Attending training opportunities
Your knowledge and experience:
- Degree educated (or equivalent) within a Technology, Finance or Economics discipline would be advantageous
- Fluency in English (written and oral)
- Self-motivated and capable of managing work linked to peak loads
- Advanced Excel skills, and the ability to analyse and summarise data
- Good PowerPoint skills
- Good communications - able to communicate quickly, clearly and appropriately both internally and externally to senior levels
- Creative problem-solving skills and an ability to diagnose issues and develop solutions
- Excellent time management and organisational skills
- Ability to multi-task and meet deadlines
- Strives to do the "right thing", not just the "easy thing"
- Is effective in unifying and creating teams of people with disparate skills
- Is courageous and decisive, prioritises effectively, maintains a clear focus and sees action through to delivery
- Is energetic, determined, positive, goal focussed and consistent - even under pressure
- Builds trust and demonstrates integrity in all circumstances
- Ability to work both independently and within a team environment, with focus and high attention to detail
What we offer you
You will be working with some of the brightest people in business and technology on challenging and rewarding projects in a team of likeminded individuals. GFT prides itself on its international environment that promotes professional and cultural exchange and encourages further individual development.
Founded in 1987, the company is now represented with a global team of around 5,000 employees in Europe and North and South America. The GFT share is listed on the Frankfurt Stock Exchange’s Prime Standard (ISIN: DE0005800601).