Client Operations Specialist
- £45,000 - £65,000
- London, England, United Kingdom
- Permanent, Full time
- 07 Mar 19
Our client, a leading global liquidity provider and market maker are looking for a Client Operations Specialist to join their London Sales & Trading team. The role will provide coverage to a cross section of institutional clients from asset managers to private banks, pension funds and insurance companies. The role will combine client facing responsibilities with project and process management duties. Our clients also have a strong preference for the candidate to speak a second European language.
- Facilitate communication between sales and operations teams. Whilst working on the sales and sales trading desk forge strong relationships with the operations team to understand their processes, tools and challenges.
- Act as a point of escalation for customers raising day-to-day settlement issues related to the company's institutional client trading business.
- Work closely with the sales and operations teams to preemptively identify problems related to trade settlements with key client accounts.
- Monitor general quality of settlement process of trades related to the client business. Design, run and analyst periodic and ad-hoc reports.
- Propose and systematic solutions to recurring issues, act as a project manager when such work will be needed to address those problems.
- Represent the company during regular and ad-hoc broker reviews meetings with relation to settlement quality and operations topics.
- Work Transparently, to the highest ethical and trustworthy standards.
- University educated, with strong Excel skills, VBA a plus
- At least 2 years or experience in a similar role (e.g. Operations, Trade Support, Trading Desk Assistant)
- Strong understanding of settlement processes and regulations
- Ability to systematically address problems - any project management experience a plus
- Positive attitude and presence
- Reliable, courteous, and flexible team player
- Self-motivated with strong organisational skills.
- Fluent in another European language a plus (French, Italian, Spanish or German preferred).