Client Operations Generalist Associate - LON
Description About this role
BlackRock is one of the world's preeminent asset management firms and a premier provider of global investment management, risk management and advisory services to institutional, intermediary, and individual investors around the world. BlackRock offers a range of solutions - from rigorous fundamental and quantitative active management approaches aimed at maximizing performance to highly efficient indexing strategies designed to gain broad exposure to the capital markets. Our clients can access our investment solutions through a variety of product structures, including individual and institutional separate accounts, mutual funds and other pooled investment vehicles, and the industry-leading iShares® ETFs. Team Overview
The Specialised Servicing Team (SST) within Global Client Services was established in early 2021 to support the increasing number of clients approaching BlackRock for whole portfolio solutions. Exceeding the service expectations of our most complex clients at all stages of the client lifecycle is equal in importance to strong investment performance. The Specialised Servicing Team will be working across the firm and directly with our clients to do this. The team partners with the Multi Asset Strategies & Solutions (MASS) team and the Client Businesses to understand BlackRock's whole portfolio propositions for both Wealth and Institutional clients and to implement operating models for these clients. Working closely with colleagues across Technology & Operations (T&O) the team will onboard new clients and ensure an exceptional service model is delivered for these clients. The SST is currently looking for an analyst to deliver client reporting and servicing for a strategic client.
- Understand the client mandates, how these are set up on Aladdin, how the portfolios are managed and how they are supported by the SST and by Technology & Operations teams outside of the SST.
- Understand the client's needs and liaise with internal teams, and third-party service providers where necessary, to ensure that the service requirements of the client are understood by those teams and can be delivered.
- Be an expert and internal point of contact for questions and requests for information from all BlackRock teams about the client mandates.
- Produce bespoke client reporting, ensuring deliverables are high quality and produced on a timely basis.
- Work with other members of the SST on new client reporting requirements
- Research data sources, produce mocked-up reports and prototypes
- Once agreed, build and test these using BlackRock's reporting toolset or work with the Reporting and Distribution Services (RDS) team for implementation by that team
- Pro-actively Identify reporting deliverables that could be beneficial to other clients and work with RDS to enable these to be implemented.
- Provide support to the RDS team as required for standard reporting deliverables.
- Work with Technology & Operations teams outside of the SST, such as Accounting Operations and Performance Measurement and Attribution, to enable the completion of the client service deliverables to a high standard.
- Work closely with the COO to ensure outstanding service delivery. Own operational client queries when these are assigned, working with other internal teams to ensure timely and high-quality responses.
- Work with the COO to help diagnose complex client service issues and identify trends that point to service deficiencies.
- Pro-actively identify areas for service improvement to ensure delivery of outstanding client service.
- Support the COO in maintaining Key Performance Indicators, preparation of critical metric Dashboard and Servicing Deep Dive material.
- Support the collation and delivery of information needed by the client for financial reporting, co-ordinating with other BlackRock teams as required.
- Support the collation and delivery of information needed by the client for regulatory reporting, co-ordinating with other BlackRock teams as required.
- Support the collation and delivery of information needed by the client for internal and external audit purposes, co-ordinating with other BlackRock teams as required.
- Support the collation and delivery of information needed by the client for tax reporting, such as K1 certificates for Alternatives and Private Equity.
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, sex, gender, gender expression, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status. We will ensure that individuals with disabilities are provided reasonable accommodation to participate in the job application or interview process, to perform essential job functions, and to receive other benefits and privileges of employment. Please contact us to request accommodation Our benefits
To help you stay energized, engaged and inspired, we offer a wide range of benefits including a strong retirement plan, tuition reimbursement, comprehensive healthcare, support for working parents and Flexible Time Off (FTO) so you can relax, recharge and be there for the people you care about. About BlackRock
At BlackRock, we are all connected by one mission: to help more and more people experience financial well-being. Our clients, and the people they serve, are saving for retirement, paying for their children's educations, buying homes and starting businesses. Their investments also help to strengthen the global economy: support businesses small and large; finance infrastructure projects that connect and power cities; and facilitate innovations that drive progress.
This mission would not be possible without our smartest investment - the one we make in our employees. It's why we're dedicated to creating an environment where our colleagues feel welcomed, valued and supported with networks, benefits and development opportunities to help them thrive.
For additional information on BlackRock, please visit careers.blackrock.com | www.blackrock.com/corporate | Instagram: @blackrock | Twitter: @blackrock | LinkedIn: www.linkedin.com/company/blackrock
BlackRock is proud to be an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer. We evaluate qualified applicants without regard to race, color, national origin, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, protected veteran status, and other statuses protected by law.
BlackRock will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest or conviction records in a manner consistent with the requirements of the law, including any applicable fair chance law.