Client Onboarding Associate - Operations
- London, England, United Kingdom London England GB
- Permanent, Full time
- Morgan Stanley
- 24 Apr 18 2018-04-24
See job description for details
Morgan Stanley is a leading global financial services firm providing a wide range of investment banking, securities, investment management and wealth management services. The Firm's employees serve clients worldwide including corporations, governments and individuals from more than 1,200 offices in 43 countries.
As a market leader, the talent and passion of our people is critical to our success. Together, we share a common set of values rooted in integrity, excellence and strong team ethic. Morgan Stanley can provide a superior foundation for building a professional career - a place for people to learn, to achieve and grow. A philosophy that balances personal lifestyles, perspectives and needs is an important part of our culture.
One of the largest divisions in the Firm, Operations is the first line of defence for Morgan Stanley's financial and reputational well-being and essential in delivering value to our clients. Operations is responsible for correctly settling and recording millions of transactions per day, identifying and mitigating operational risk, developing strong client relationships and partnering with technology to realize the full potential of IT and Automation. Operations has a world-class team of innovative and dedicated professionals, with a unique vantage point in the Firm interacting with all parts of the business, front to back. The Operations Senior Management team are passionate about our people development and providing best in class employee opportunities through an inclusive, forward-looking environment defined by open communication, collaboration, learning, and proactive career management.
Shared Service and Banking Operations delivers industry leading operational solutions by aligning the right functions, people, processes and tools into ten core disciplines offering tailored client service levels that are efficient, controlled and compliant with regulation. Our core disciplines include: Asset Servicing, Cash Management, Client Data Management, Global Banking Services, Loans Servicing, Network Management, Payments (Wireless and Disbursements), Reconciliations, Settlements and Tax Operations.
The Client Data Operations (CDO) Team within SSBO are responsible for the onboarding of Clients for multiple Business Units including FID, Prime Brokerage, OTC and Listed Derivatives and ensuring all accounts, client reports and client entitlements are set up in a timely and efficient manner. The team also maintain referential data throughout the life-cycle of the relationship up to and including account closure. The team work on new product projects, regulatory projects and identify and implement any opportunities to streamline current processes and technology.
This role is to provide onboarding support to the International Prime Brokerage business. The key responsibilities will be working with alongside the business and operations to manage the onboarding of new and organic clients to the firm. Other responsibilities include but are not limited to and working on projects and new process development.
- Build and manage relationships with Business Units, Operations and Technology teams
- Act as an escalation point and oversight for our offshore Data Operations team
- Use knowledge in suggesting, driving and implementing system and process enhancements with immediate and long term solutions
- Facilitate the onboarding process, chase in an appropriate manner and provide timely and accurate feedback to key stakeholders
- Liaise with our global team to ensure an efficient global process and knowledge share
- Provide regular metric updates
- Ability to interact and build relationships with senior members across departments in the firm
- Understanding of regulatory landscape
- Interest in the bigger picture and how to streamline processes
- Strong problem solving skills - ability to offer strategic solutions to BU and operational problems
- Strong attention to detail
- Ability to work independently
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Ability to produce statistics
- Strong excel skills, including pivot tables
Morgan Stanley is an equal opportunities employer. We work to provide a supportive and inclusive environment where all individuals can maximise their full potential. Our skilled and creative workforce is comprised of individuals drawn from a broad cross section of the global communities in which we operate and who reflect a variety of backgrounds, talents, perspectives and experiences. Our strong commitment to a culture of inclusion is evident through our constant focus on recruiting, developing and advancing individuals based on their skills and talents.#LI-EC2