Client Manager, FTC / Secondment Opportunity (12 months)
Who we're looking for
Given the scale and strategic importance of the Scottish Widows & SPW relationship this role is required to provide support to the Client Director - Operations for Scottish Widows and SPW of which will need to be operationally and technically strong for support on the management of delivery and implementation of new mandates, restructuring of existing mandates, and Change implementation for the Scottish Widows & SPW platforms.
We're a global investment manager, responsible for £700.4 billion of assets for our clients, who trust us to deliver sustainable returns. We actively and responsibly manage investments for a wide range of institutions and individuals, to help them meet their financial goals as they change over time. The world is forever changing but throughout our long history we have continued to adapt our business, keeping our focus on what matters most to our clients, today and in the future.
We moved into our new headquarters at London Wall Place, in the City of London, in 2018. We're close to our clients, in the heart of the UK's financial centre, while having everything in place to work flexibly.
What you'll do
- Supporting the Client Director of Operations for Scottish Widows and SPW on projects, investment and operational changes involving the design of implementation planning between Scottish Widows, SPW and their partners (e.g. State Street, RBC and Lemanik) and Schroders;
- Assist the Change Manager function with SW/SPW with co-ordination of inputs for the Impact Assessment requirements and co-ordination support to the Change Manager
- Co-ordinate with the Onboarding and Investment / Operational functions for all new onboarding activities for SW/SPW (new mandates, restructures) ensuring adherence to all success criteria for the delivery of client / investment requests.
- Support lead of the SW Investment Operations functional units requirements, oversight and regular meetings - covering escalation items to resolution and solutioning with key partners internally and externally.
- Assist in the production of MI reporting for regular progress updates on all activities relating to SW/SPW, engage with internal stakeholders for cross dependencies and deliverables, ensuring MI reflects accurate timelines and status updates.
- Support various external meetings with SW/SPW on operational oversight and project implementation meetings, ensuring these are well documented and discussed with all stakeholders as required.
- Provide support and direction to the Operational Assurance oversight function in the day-to-day operational activities relating to SW/SPW
- Engage with all external investment managers for the SPW Multi-Manager complex of Funds, ensuring the oversight and legal obligations are being met and manage issues accordingly.
- Support the transition management requirements for the SPW Multi-Manager complex of Funds in due diligence requirements, operational and legal changes of managers, engaging with SPW and State St on implementation planning.
- Working closely with multiple Distribution groups to understand their business process and their demands for high quality client reference data
- Gathering, documenting and analysing data requirements using specific data centric tools
As such, the role will need to interact closely on an ongoing basis with:
- The wider overall service management capability that Schroders will have in place to manage the Scottish Widows & SPW relationships and in particular, coordinate very closely with the investment, Product, Change and relationship leads;
- Senior operational, technology and change personnel across the Schroders business;
- The equivalent senior operational, personnel at Scottish Widows / SPW and their strategic third party suppliers;
- Relevant joint relationship, governance and prioritisation processes and;
- Other senior stakeholders as relevant to matters being covered.
- Maintain data integrity and quality checking as part of the delivery of the benchmark requirements for SW/SPW activities
- Manage key stakeholders priorities and deliverables as part of the full co-ordination for benchmark requirements for SW/SPW activities.
- Proactive identification and ownership of data quality exceptions to closure including root cause analysis and assisting improvements in data assurance as part of the Case Manager responsibilities
- Reporting and escalation including compilation of MI data
The knowledge, experience and qualifications you need
- Strong operational and ideally technology background and expertise
- Strong understanding of the Asset Management, Insurance and Wealth Management industries
- Ideally, experience of senior client relationship in a similar context with a large, complex external client
- Strong control, planning and delivery skills
- Logical, structured thought processes and good problem solving skills
- Good relationship management skills - able to engage with and gain confidence of others
- Strong communication skills with the ability to clearly and effectively articulate complex issues / challenges both verbally and through other media to senior stakeholders (simplify the complex)
- Focus on quality
- Experience of Agile working practices
We're looking for the best, whoever they are
Schroders is an equal opportunities employer. You're welcome here whatever your socio-economic background, race, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, religious belief, age or disability.