Client Implementation - Transitions Coordinator
- Location: London, England, United Kingdom
- Salary: Competitive
- Job Type: Full time
Client Implementation - Transitions CoordinatorWe believe that our people are our greatest asset: highly skilled, engaged and productive teams are essential to our success. We also want to help you to build a fulfilling career, aiming to be the employer of choice by offering great compensation, development opportunities, and a work environment that promotes a diverse background of people, ideas and skills. State Street is committed to embracing diversity and inclusion in the workplace.
We're a company that insists on, and rewards, performance excellence. We know our success hinges on attracting the best people to join us.
State Street Global Advisors (SSGA) is a global leader in institutional asset management, entrusted with more than $2.4 trillion in assets. For more than three decades, sophisticated investors worldwide have benefited from our focused, precise investment process and global approach, offering access to every major asset class and style, including low-cost index funds, target date strategies, and tailored multi-asset solutions. We wish to help clients and the millions of ordinary people who depend upon them to achieve financial security and confidence. To get this right, we are passionate about thoroughly understanding the specific needs of those we serve. We then apply our experience and intellectual rigour across a broad toolkit to develop and run thoughtful, targeted solutions aimed at ensuring their success. We employ more than 2,200 people globally in 17 countries; have nine investment centres across the Americas, Europe and Asia, and have live, 24-hour trading desks in Boston, London and Hong Kong.
The UK institutional marketplace is of vital strategic importance to SSGA and our London office is the headquarters of our Europe, Middle East and Africa business. In this role you will work within an exciting, high-functioning, dynamic, and fast strengthening team environment.
As a Client Implementation & Transitions Analyst you will be responsible for the planning, coordination and efficient implementation of new business and change activities. As the key contact point for both internal and external clients, you will take ownership of client change events and be expected to understand them to a high level of detail to ensure successful implementation.
Daily functions would include but not be limited to:
- You will plan and lead the end to end process of transition events including asset take-on / take-off activities, Pooled Fund in-specie events, Pooled and Client Fund restructures, unit switches, change of custody events and account terminations.
- Extensive interaction with external Investment Managers and Transition Managers to ensure accurate and timely and accurate event completion.
- Extensive liaison with custodians to ensure the timely settlement of all free-of-payment trades.
- Communication with internal parties and teams to provide status updates for all events.
- Coordinate transaction processing including in-kind trade booking and resolution of exceptions.
- You will draw upon industry experience to provide advice and consultancy for all participant parties on all aspects of client change events.
- Update and completion of checklists and event scheduling application for all events, ensuring adherence to procedures, to facilitate risk free event support.
- Deliver an exceptional client experience, before, during and after events.
- Build and establish relationships with key internal partners.
- Chair meetings with internal teams in preparation for, during, and post event.
- Provide timely, effective and accurate query investigation and resolution.
- Continuous focus on risk excellence and risk mitigation. Challenge existing processes where perceived risks and gaps exist.
- Involvement in projects as assigned.
You will interact with Clients, consultants, counterparties, custodians, Fund Administrators, Investment and Transition Managers and other third party providers external to SSGA. Internally, you will have exposure to product strategists, relationship managers, portfolio managers and functional teams such as Compliance, Risk, Legal Investment Support, Trade Support, and Reconciliations.
You are forward thinking and look to improve current processes and procedures. Analysts are expected to be able to work independently and as part of a team, to follow issues and responsibilities through to resolution, to meet deadlines and to perform well in a highly pressurised environment.
Education and Experience:
- Degree qualified with a financial or analytical discipline preferred.
- Investment Operations Certificate (formerly IAQ) considered an advantage.
- Operations experience gained from an investment manager, investment bank, prime broker, fund administrator or custodian.
- Product experience desirable: Bonds, Equities, FX, Futures, Pooled / Mutual Funds.
- Experience with UCITS products (SICAVs & ETFs), Unit Trusts, QIAIFs, and UK Domicled Pooled Pension Funds.
- You have strong analytical skills.
- You are willing to assume responsibility and ownership of tasks assigned.
- Excellent social skills with an excellent grasp of the importance of client service.
- You have the ability to plan and run multiple priorities and tasks with the skills to adapt and be flexible to change in delivery focused environment.
- You are able to build positive relationships with both internally and externally
- You have excellent oral and written communication skills.
- You understand investment markets and settlement.
- An appreciation of stamp duty markets, financial transaction taxes and collection of them in relation to in specie activities is desirable.
- Strong MS Windows applications, specifically Excel.
Across the world, institutional investors rely on us to help them manage risk, respond to challenges, and drive performance and profitability. We keep our clients at the heart of everything we do, and smart, engaged employees are critical to our continued success. Our promise to maintain an environment where every employee feels valued and able to meet their full potential infuses our values. It's also part of our dedication to inclusion, development and engagement, and corporate social responsibility. You'll have tools to help balance your professional and personal life, paid volunteer days, and access to employee networks that help you stay connected to what matters to you. Join us. State Street is an Affirmative Action/ Equal Opportunity Employer/Vet/Disability.