Client ID/KYC Team Leader, VP, Financial Crime Compliance UK # 101848
The Chief Compliance and Regulatory Affairs organization at Credit Suisse strives to become a proactive, independent function that enables business units across the organization to challenge and effectively manage compliance risk. Our new management team is focused on achieving professional excellence by providing state of the art technology, strengthening surveillance and testing processes and by aligning controls to keep risk within appetite. To fulfill our mandate we need the skills, experience and engagement of our employees. Our dynamic environment also means that you have the flexibility to help us define and establish new processes and procedures, start or expand a business and shape our company for the future. We offer a fast-paced, collaborative and diverse work environment that will support innovation, creativity and entrepreneurial ideas.
Customer Due Diligence (CDD) is a London-based team within the UK Financial Crime Compliance function of the bank. The team advises and leads on all second line of defence activity related to financial crime compliance Know You Client (KYC) matters, and Client Due Diligence. The team sets the CDD Procedures for onboarding as well as the approval for all IWM clients and high risk IB clients.
The CDD Team Leader for Client Approvals undertakes the day to day management of activities of the Client ID team and leading on projects related to matters within its remit.
The CDD Team Leader for Client Approvals reports directly into the FCC Director for CSI and Client ID and leads the Client Approvals Team.
Responsibilities include (but are not limited to):
- Ensuring Client ID team undertaking the identification and approval of clients in an effective and timely manner.
- Working with the 1LoD to ensure submission of client documents for review meet the required standards.
- Assisting on approval of account openings for higher risk clients and complex accounts as required.
- Ensuring the Client ID team is performing the necessary control checks in accordance with procedures.
- Management of resource allocation within the team.
- To work in partnership with the Client ID Team Leader for Controls to ensure FCC meets it 2LoD obligations for setting appropriate KYC/CDD standards and client approvals.
- Working closely with the IWM and IB Coverage teams to support the business.
Open to discussing flexible/agile working.
Qualifications and Attributes
- The expectation is that in order to undertake the role, you should have extensive experience working in a financial crime position at a financial institution.
- KYC SME (subject matter expert) including close working knowledge of UK regulatory requirements in relation to client on-boarding.
- Understanding of the Investment or Private Banking environment would be preferable.
- You should preferably be educated to degree level or have an appropriate FCC qualification such as an ICA Diploma in Financial Crime
- You will need to have sufficient gravitas as they will be liaising with very senior managers in the business divisions. They need to be able to and will be expected to provide credible challenge to the business.