Client FIX Integration Specialist
MORE ABOUT THIS JOB
New hire will join the Equity Client FIX Integration team in London which is responsible for providing FIX connectivity for the Goldman Sachs Electronic Trading client base. The team specifically focuses on the technical aspects of onboarding clients using the FIX Protocol to trade electronically on all Equity products and markets offered by GS. The range of client offerings over FIX include single shares and program trading via SOR, algorithmic and high touch channels.
The candidate will work closely with stakeholders from the initial request, gathering requirements, evaluating specifications, coordinating testing, managing the change process and implementing production setup including client specific rules. Testing includes certification of new clients as well as validating new products for existing clients. The team also provide expertise and support on any FIX related inquiries to the relevant business and application teams. RESPONSIBILITIES AND QUALIFICATIONS Key responsibilities of the role include:
- Utilising in-house developed tools and Slang-based framework to make changes to FIX configuration for existing and new clients
- Coordinate FIX session details with EMS/OMS and FIX network connectivity vendors
- Manage and participate in FIX conformance testing with clients and vendors
- Build strong relationships with the business and other technical stakeholder to provide professional solutions
- Increase the level of automation of the FIX onboarding process to reduce manual touchpoints, while improving efficiency and quality of the workflow
- Work with regional teams to deliver enhancements to global onboarding processes
- Perform required maintenance and support including troubleshooting of production and pre-production issues
- Maintain accurate documentation of onboards and platform functionality for knowledge dissemination across the wider teams
ABOUT GOLDMAN SACHS
- Relevant qualifications in engineering, computer science or an equivalent
- Minimum 2 years+ experience in a similar technical/business-facing role is desirable
- Electronic Trading and FIX Protocol domain knowledge
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills with a passion for high quality client service
- Logical thinker with strong analytical and problem solving skills
- Ability to maintain composure under pressure to provide high quality, accurate and timely solutions
- Excellent organisational skill with an ability to manage multiple tasks in a constantly changing and fast paced environment
- Good knowledge of network infrastructure, TCP/IP, Firewalls and VPN
- Good knowledge of UNIX/Linux
- Good knowledge of SQL and databases
- Programming and scripting knowledge desirable
ABOUT GOLDMAN SACHS
At Goldman Sachs, we commit our people, capital and ideas to help our clients, shareholders and the communities we serve to grow. Founded in 1869, we are a leading global investment banking, securities and investment management firm. Headquartered in New York, we maintain offices around the world.
We believe who you are makes you better at what you do. We're committed to fostering and advancing diversity and inclusion in our own workplace and beyond by ensuring every individual within our firm has a number of opportunities to grow professionally and personally, from our training and development opportunities and firmwide networks to benefits, wellness and personal finance offerings and mindfulness programs. Learn more about our culture, benefits, and people at GS.com/careers .
We're committed to finding reasonable accommodations for candidates with special needs or disabilities during our recruiting process. Learn more: https:// www.goldmansachs.com/careers/footer/disability-statement.html
© The Goldman Sachs Group, Inc., 2021. All rights reserved.
Goldman Sachs is an equal employment/affirmative action employer Female/Minority/Disability/Veteran/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity