Client Events Team Manager
- London, England, United Kingdom
- Permanent, Full time
- Aviva Investors
- 07 Feb 18 2018-02-07
Client Events Team Manager
The Role - 6-9 month FTC
We are looking for a Client Events Team Manager to work closely with our Client Events team lead to significantly improve the client onboarding experience for those clients coming into our SICAV and JPUT pooled vehicle funds. You will also work with the Client Service Team, Financial Crime Compliance and our Transfer Agency (RBC) to help RBC shape the AML / KYC requirements by fully understanding ownership structures, proposed on-boarding model and associated regulatory requirements (Luxembourg / Jersey) and open source searches to ensure only evidence not available in the public domain is requested from the client . You will also provide support to complex onboardings where there is sufficient client demand.
- Undertake AML and sanction/PEP screening on-boarding checks and ongoing monitoring across all asset classes ensuring that consistent processes are followed in line with AI MLRO global strategy and requirements
- Undertaking due diligence checks across all asset classes to ensure that all customers meet AI's Anti Money Laundering requirements. This will include corporate structures, assessing the AML risk against the AML risk based approach; obtaining all relevant documents and identification
- Undertake PEP, sanctions and adverse media investigations with confidence and credibility, working in conjunction with a technical Centre of Excellence that utilises the experience available to ensure quality work is maintained and good customer outcomes are achieved including appropriate evidence gathering is undertaken to enable Management to make informed decisions
- Working in support of Senior Analysts to ensure compliance with Anti Money Laundering standards and AI MLRO global strategy and requirements
- To escalate issues where non-compliance is highlighted
- Ensure lessons learned are fed into effective prevention systems and controls and that best practice is shared
Participation in change management and development projects as required
- Work with RBC to align requirements (they will have done the same analysis) and work FCC Ops and the Compliance team in Luxembourg as support - if needed the MLRO (or proxy) will make a final decision
- Clearly and articulately identify the client requirements in an email which the client service manager can forward-on
- Review documentation when it arrives back from the client to ensure it meets the criteria - if some is identified as being in the "grey area" escalate to MLRO (or proxy). Package and send to RBC for review with recommendations (and pro-actively risk accept documents as required)
- Support the team with Segregated account onboardings as identified during the sales/RFP phase by overseeing and monitoring progress of internal operational components (including liaison with Investment Operations for third party set-up) and onboarding close-out (including the transition to ongoing servicing working with BAU Global Client Operations teams)
- Practical financial crime experience or transferable skills
- Current knowledge of money laundering, sanctions, fraud, bribery and corruption and market abuse laws
- Sound knowledge of AML Risk Based Approach concepts
- Sound knowledge of sanctions and politically exposed persons screening systems and transaction monitoring systems
- Understanding of risk management principles
- Ability to react and manage sensitive situations and challenge appropriately
- A good knowledge of AML legislation and requirements in relation to real estate and asset management and an interest in financial crime matters
- A good level of awareness of legal corporate entities and corporate group structures
- Good analytical skills and excellent attention to detail
- Good organisational skills with the ability to prioritise plan and adapt to best use resources
- Good interpersonal and communication skills with the ability to build strong relationships and work well as a team
- Client management and relationship building skills
- Ability to manage multiple priorities
- Ability to communicate technical concepts to non-technical audience
- French speaking
- International Compliance Association Financial Crime qualification desirable, or equivalent professional qualification
We are proud to be a different kind of asset manager; our intelligent and innovative solutions are based entirely around our clients' needs, not ours.
Aviva Investors is a global asset manager with expertise in real estate, fixed income, equity, multi-asset and alternative investments. We are proud to stand out in our field as our intelligent solutions are based around our clients' objectives, not ours.
Inclusion and diversity
We are a global organisation with thousands of employees and customers from different cultures. We've built our approach to inclusion and diversity on the principles of respect, valuing differences and inclusion.
One of Aviva's core values is Care More, and this is bought to life through the flexible ways we like to work. This may include working from home some of the time, or flexible work schedules to accommodate parent and carer responsibilities, further studies and hobbies. What's important to us is that you are supported to do the best work of your life.
You will be assessed against the Aviva values: care more, kill complexity, never rest and create legacy.