Client Data Analytics Developer
- London, England, United Kingdom
- Permanent, Full time
- 20 Apr 19
Client Data Analytics Developer
Join NatWest Markets in London as a Client Data Analytics Developer
- Joining our Client Data Analytics Technology team, you'll support the delivery of data and analytics to NatWest Markets, primarily in across sales and trading
- You'll enjoy considerable variety as your remit will cover component architecture, design, and contributing to development practices with hands on coding and development
- This role is available at associate level
What you'll do
We'll look to you to contribute to solution design options, and explain the pros and cons to team members for collaborative decision making. You'll take accountability for the estimation and delivery of software components, and you'll ensure the team meets the technical standards for all services output.
You'll help the team to understand software languages and technical domains relevant to the areas, and you'll drive the adoption of software engineering principles, processes and best practices.
- Contribute to a culture of concise and comprehensive technical documentation as a continuous process
- Liaise with engineers, architects, business analysts and other key stakeholders to understand the objectives, requirements and options
- Support with the definition of our technical strategy and advise on product roadmaps and migration plans to achieve strategic goals
- Develop high-volume, high-performance, high-availability data pipelines using proven frameworks and technologies
- Develop software and APIs that meet the need for greater automation of build, release testing and deployment process on all environments
- Contribute to the reuse and sharing of platform components and technologies within the software engineering teams
- Write unit and integration tests within automated test environments to ensure code quality
The skills you'll need
We're looking for someone with a background in software engineering and design, and experience with Big Data, Big Query, Big Table, Java and preferably at least one other programming language.
Along with experience developing software in a SOA or micro-services paradigm, you'll have the ability to rapidly and effectively understand and translate product and business requirements into technical solutions.
You'll also have experience of:
- Using industry recognised frameworks and development tooling
- Implementing programming best practice, especially around scalability, availability and performance
- Test-driven development alongside use of automated test frameworks, mocking and unit testing tools
- Key phases of the software delivery lifecycle and established software development methodologies
- Working in an environment where products have to be delivered to specific timescales
- Working with code repositories, bug tracking tools and wikis
- Designing or implementing APIs
- Cloud native (AWS/Azure/GCP) and related technologies such as Kubernetes, Docker and Packer
Knowledge of banking products, output, or infrastructure would be an advantage, as would an awareness of relational, in-memory, distributed and non-SQL databases.
How we'll reward you
In return, we offer a competitive salary and you'll also join our retirement savings plan. You can also choose from a selection of protection, healthcare or lifestyle extras from RBSelect, our fully flexible reward programme.
Visit our reward and benefits page for more information on the benefit packages we offer.
At NatWest Markets we want everyone to feel welcome, regardless of your background or needs. If you need adjustments making to your working environment, we'll do everything we can to support you. As part of this commitment, we offer flexible working options for some of our roles.