Client Asset Risk & Data Analytics Officer - AVP
- London, England, United Kingdom
- Permanent, Full time
- 20 Apr 19
Client Asset Risk & Data Analytics Officer - AVP
- Primary Location: United Kingdom,England,London
- Education: Bachelor's Degree
- Job Function: Risk Management
- Schedule: Full-time
- Shift: Day Job
- Employee Status: Regular
- Travel Time: No
- Job ID: 19010191
This role is part of a small team and will be responsible for helping to shape and support the development of Citi's client asset risk and depositor protection analytics capabilities with ideas and input on where to source and how to utilise the many inputs the department receives for risk management and regulatory compliance purposes. Apart from data management and reporting; creating insights from this data is an ambition that the department holds and this team is expected to deliver that goal.
The CAandDPO has designed, built and embedded a client asset risk evaluation tool to ensure consistency of standards across Citi's client asset holding businesses. The role holder is part of a small team that is responsible for the systematic collection and analysis of this data; along with the data that makes up Client Asset Resolution Plans. The CAandDPO also coordinates the audits and independent reviews conducted across the many business lines covered by the oversight of this department. The team is currently working with our technology partners to build a data warehouse for these and other data artefacts that can be used to create business insights that help the EMEA CAO Officer and other responsible executives perform their responsibilities.
The EMEA Citi group of companies consists of regulated firms throughout the region. This role is located in the UK as the regional hub and home to a US custody bank branch and an international broker-dealer with several subsidiaries and branches. As the department grows, it also governs and oversees the effective application of client asset protection measures across the EMEA region. These firms and others throughout the region employ thousands of staff. The size of 'Client Assets' held by these companies is one of the largest undertakings in the world. As one of the world's largest banks and custodian of client assets the expectations on Citi to set a high standard and comply without failure is high.
Helping businesses set the right standards and evidencing that adequate systems and controls are in place and operating effectively is of critical importance if we are to achieve our core mission of safe guarding our clients' assets and evidencing a healthy compliance culture.
• The role-holder will work as part of a small team to:
• Support Client Asset Risk Evaluation process and tools, maintain related static data, collate results, and manage interaction with Risk coordinators.
• Assist with migration to new a Risk system, including data collection, trend analysis and modelling to aid greater understanding of business activity and show possible areas of heightened risk.
• Coordinate Resolution Pack activities across a range of regulated firms and geographies, ensure delivery of timely and informative MI. Assist with development and migration to new RP system.
• Assist in the coordination of Client Asset external audit activity across a range of regulated firms and geographies, tracking progress, coordinating with business lines and reporting meaningful MI.
• Maintain records of Internal Audits and Compliance Reviews across all relevant business lines and track and report on remediation progress.
• Support the provision of other meaningful MI and analysis as required.
• The CAandDPO reports into the EMEA CAO, Legal Vehicle CEOs, Branch Managers and Boards across the region, so this role offers the opportunity to work with colleagues across multiple business lines and functional areas. The role holder will gain an insight into various operating models, products and services.
• Development of technical knowledge in the field of client asset protection law and regulation. Working closely with Citi's CASS/MiFID subject matter experts (SMEs) in this field.
Knowledge, Skills & Experience Required:
• A background in data management, MI, risk management, risk and control frameworks, internal controls, accountancy, auditing or CASS
• Experience in the field of financial services and/or banking
• Experience in the UK's Client Asset rules would be beneficial
• Excellent written and oral communications skills
• Capable of managing and tracking data and turning it into meaningful and actionable information
• Proficient with VBA/Macros in Microsoft Excel
• The ability to translate data into information in a clear, succinct and comprehensible manner
• Capable of rationalising and simplifying processes to drive efficiency and eliminate unnecessary complexity
• Methodical and logical in approach to work
• Collaborate with local contemporaries and peers in other business areas and regions
• Likely to be educated to degree level with an evidenced proficiency in some form of analytics.
Exceptional candidates who do not meet these criteria may be considered for the role provided they have the necessary skills and experience.
Demonstrates an appreciation of a diverse workforce. Appreciates differences in style or perspective and uses differences to add value to decisions or actions and organisational success.
Citi is an Equal Opportunities Employer