Client Accounting Manager
About TMF Group
TMF Group is a leading global provider of high-value business services to clients operating and investing globally. We focus on providing specialized and business-critical financial and administrative services that enable our clients to operate their corporate structures, finance vehicles and investment funds in different geographical locations.
Our core services can help companies of all sizes with HR and payroll, accounting and tax, corporate secretarial, international corporate structuring, fund administration and structured finance - whether a company wants to globalize, or whether they need support to streamline existing operations.
With operations in more than 80 countries, TMF Group is the global expert that understands local needs. Global reach, local knowledge: helping to do business seamlessly across borders.
As a Client Accounting Manager you will perform a senior finance role, operating within full compliance of all legal and accounting requirements, for a variety of clients. You are part of a dedicated client team and you have a delegated responsibility for keeping the client files in financial and legal good standing.
The Client Accounting Manager will manage a portfolio of clients and must operate autonomously within full compliance of all legal and accounting requirements. The Client Accounting Manager will also assist and review the work of more junior members of the team.
▪ Preparing management and statutory accounts (both standalone and consolidated) under UK GAAP and IFRS;
▪ Preparing monthly and quarterly management reports for clients and providing information within agreed deadlines;
▪ Review/supervise bookkeeping of account assistants to ensure transactions are recorded correctly;
▪ Ensure appropriate accounting controls are implemented and adhered to;
▪ Preparing corporate tax returns, preparing and reviewing VAT returns and reviewing bank reconciliations for client entities;
▪ Oversee and ensure VAT compliance reporting as necessary;
▪ Manage audit process for clients where necessary;
▪ Control internal budgets on portfolio;
▪ Dealing with the management and administration of client entities;
▪ Attending conferences and seminars, as agreed form time to time, for personal development and marketing purposes;
▪ Responsible for debt collection and negotiation of fees with clients in their area of accountability;
▪ Is aware of client contracts and what is W.I.P/'Out of Scope';
▪ Records their time accurately and within deadline, in addition to approving time for others.
▪ Will generate ideas for improvement based on past experience;
▪ Identifies and promotes opportunities to share knowledge;
▪ Strives for high standards of delivery to clients;
▪ Will delegate work across the team as appropriate;
▪ Will share knowledge to ensure targets are met;
▪ Communicates (verbally and through written work) information in a clear and concise manner;
▪ Will manage stakeholders' expectations with regards to delivery, escalating concerns as appropriate;
▪ Acts with integrity;
▪ Trustworthy team member who considers those around them;
▪ Ability to handle issues, provide flexible options and recommendations, escalates as appropriate.
Key knowledge and experience:
▪ Graduate/ ACCA/ACA/CIMA Qualified 2-3 years post qualification;
▪ Experience acquired in a similar role;
▪ Experience of SPVs/SFS;
▪ Expertise in all MS Office packages (Word, PowerPoint, Excel, Outlook). Other software packages as
▪ Fluent in both written and spoken English.