The company is an asset management platform focused on residential property development lending for the SME developer space. Strong asset growth and future plans require a Chief Risk Officer to join the business and own the risk control environment. Established data collection, reporting systems and strong process management will enable the candidate to focus efforts on control of commercial risk management and visualise portfolio risk in real time.
The portfolio is comprised of residential development facilities with a limited amount of bridging. AUM is ~ £100m with growth targets of 150% in the next 18 months and loan size varies from £1m to £15m. The Portfolio team is currently 3 people and will need to double in size to match growth plans. Product offering is expanding with movement into larger individual loans (>£20m) with opportunities to acquire distressed portfolios in the future.
Chief Risk Officer
- Oversight/management of the portfolio monitoring team.
- Presentation to Credit Committee of portfolio matters and strategy with respect to ongoing loans and loan exits
- Hands on role with pro-active risk management and borrower communications
- Devising in depth exit strategies for distressed / defaulted loans, including facility restructuring and potential insolvencies, presentation to credit committee etc
- Oversight of team to deliver execution of agreed strategies
- Team building and line management to meet internal KPIs and governance requirements including periodic reporting
- Management reporting on portfolio metrics, trend and market analysis
- The candidate will be comfortable with delivering new initiatives, from definition and design to implementation and training, in an agile environment with the support of the senior team
- You will be comfortable with creating form and shape for the business function and defining the risk strategy in formal written terms including specification of additional risk reporting and documentation of working practice guidance
- Role is office based in central London
- Lending within the housebuilder/residential development sector with a bank or alternative lender.
- Debt restructuring (ideally with exposure to the 2008/9 crash).
- Management of high functioning teams
- Highly Competitive