We have a fantastic opportunity for an experienced Trading COO (MD Level). This opportunity will see you work with a leading provider of market-making, OTC spot and derivatives trading, and other financial services in cryptocurrency, with operations in Europe, the US, and Asia. Trading c. $4bn/day of crypto volume and one of the largest and most successful client-facing firms in crypto trading.
- As a senior member of their global trading team, you will support the Global Head of Trading on strategic and operational matters.
- Lead projects for the Trading team - initiatives such as establishing a new subsidiary or investigating the requirements for trading on new venues and jurisdictions
- Work closely with their senior Traders to realise their key objectives and ensure operational effectiveness and execution.
- Provide the link between front office and support functions, guaranteeing that their business, operational, and regulatory goals are aligned and achieved efficiently and effectively
- Play a critical role in supporting their long-term business strategy: new business lines/products, product exits, broader reporting requirements, new technology development, and front-to-back process reengineering.
- Supporting the Trading team on the new product approval – responsible for documentation/systems requirements/risk p&l estimates and also socialising concepts with essential functions Technology, Operations, Risk and Compliance
- Develop and articulate business shape, strategic objectives, and resource requirements for the Trading team to senior leadership and cross-functional heads
- Develop their Trading teams framework of governance to facilitate appropriate engagement and accountability with stakeholders
- Serve as liaison between Trading and various support groups (i. e. Operations, Risk, Technology, Compliance ) to manage the day to day runnings and drive the implementation of critical trading initiatives and lead remediation of a wide range of ad hoc tasks and issues.
- Provided oversight to ensure that the Trading business operates in an efficient and controlled manner, including tracking against budgets and targets and management of direct costs
- Front Office point of contact for Strategic Projects
- Review of potential growth areas with our Head of Trading and ensuring strong execution to capture opportunities
- Provide analytics and data-driven analysis to our Head of Trading on costs, trading performance and client segments
- Identify operational bottlenecks and build scalable solutions that drive our growth and improve overall business performance.
- 10+ years experience as a Business Manager dedicated to Trading in a client-facing business such as a top tier trading/securities firm, broker-dealer or swap-dealer
- Expertise in both High Volume/HFT style trading and Derivatives
- Strong project management skills, coordinating all aspects of the business with particular emphasis on Trading.
- Previous background as a Trader desirable
- Expert communicator, presenter, and collaborator; forge productive relationships with strategic partners and build consensus across multiple organisational levels.
- Background supporting a Trading business through explosive growth
- Experience delivering high profile projects in the trading environment through to successful completion; crypto is an advantage.
- Strong personal presence, to lead by example to maintain influence across internal teams.
- A high degree of motivation, adaptability and proactive thinking
- Excellent EQ that understands how to bring vital perspectives together for a common outcome in a positive way
- Expert in defining and stating expectations and objectives with cross-functional team members and completing all related follow-up and improvement measures