Chief C++ Architect - Trading Systems Development
- GBP150000 - GBP200000 per annum
- London, England, United Kingdom
- Permanent, Full time
- Selby Jennings UK
- 08 Feb 19
The role is for a Chief Architect in the development of new multi-asset high-frequency trading platform in an ultra-low-latency C++ and Linux trading environment. You will spend significant time in solving very complex and intricate problems that relate to the overall performance, latency and optimization of the trading system while working collaboratively with trading teams. You should also be looking to implement as many low-level programming techniques in C/C++ as possible .
- Design, develop and implement new components of a multi-asset high-frequency trading platform in C++ on Linux
- Work collaboratively with trading teams to improve trading logic and efficiency of strategy through technical implementation
- Showcase new ideas around additional areas such as network programming, high-performance computing, Linux kernel programming, hardware acceleration (FPGAs)
- Continue to help improve research tools - Report into CTO on new developments and future ideas
- 5+ years of C/C++ programming
- Experience designing, architecting, coding, and optimizing low-level real-time systems.
- Secondary knowledge Python or Perl and shell scripts
- Excellent knowledge of Linux/Unix OS - Experience and understanding of engineering best practices; Test-Driven Development etc.
- Socket, TCP/IP, UDP knowledge
- Hardware programming/techniques around FPGA, VHDL, Verilog etc
- Additional experience in kernel bypassing, CUDA, GPU is a plus
- Written and verbal communication is paramount
- Minimum Bachelors degree in Computer Science, Electrical Engineering, Mathematics or similar discipline