Change Management Co-ordinator
At M&G our vision is: to become the best loved and most successful savings and investment business
and we're looking for people who are excited about joining us on our journey. We're digitally transforming and investing heavily in technology and innovation to develop new and improved customer propositions that really raise the bar for our customers. To help us achieve our vision we're looking for exceptional people who live our values and behaviours and who can inspire others; embrace change; deliver results and keep it simple.
We know that an inclusive environment makes us more accessible and ensures we attract, engage, promote and retain exceptional people. We welcome applications from all individuals regardless of age, gender/gender identity, sexual orientation, ethnicity/nationality, disability, or military service and welcome those who have taken career breaks. We will consider flexible working arrangements or home working arrangements for any of our roles. What you can expect from us:
We are committed to creating an environment where you can be exceptional at all you do. To help us deliver this, we promise to:
How do we support our employees:
- Challenge Your Limits by creating a stimulating working environment and providing opportunities for you to be involved in meaningful and challenging work
- Support Your Aspirations with a commitment to learning and development that helps you achieve and build your experience with people who want you to succeed
- Value Your Input whereby leaders and managers will involve you in key decisions, listen to your thoughts and recognise the important contribution you make
- Balance Your Life through a work life partnership that focuses on making this an inclusive, diverse and friendly place to work and offers the flexibility and support that enables everyone to be at their best
All M&G plc employees will be supported in the workplace through our M&G Employee Assistance Programme (EAP). If you need counselling, confidential financial or legal advice. The service is available 24 hours a day, 365 days a year and offers access to qualified professionals who can provide specialist information, advice and support on many issues. It offers a broad range of services, including help with family issues, maintaining work/life balance and mental health support.
Opportunity & Background
This role is part of a transformation programme which will see the outsource of some of M&G's Investment Operations team transfer to Statestreet's IMS Alpha Services division on the 1st July 2021.
The individuals successful for applying for this position will report jointly into the Head of Middle Office Services and Statestreet's Change Management Director.
Clients of State Street require Administration services aligned with their Client base. This can result in changes to the current operating model of a Client and will therefore require a change to the current administration service. There is a controlled process whereby the Client must submit a change request fully completed with detailed requirements. The role of the Change Management Coordinator is to manage Client Change on behalf of M&G within Alpha Services Client Relationship Management and then coordinate the lifecycle of the change request to completion. This team is the external face of State Street and are responsible for ensuring the clients' service expectations are met and exceeded. Experienced Colleague:
- Accountable for providing a quality service or product to customers and stakeholders, using skills/experience built through significant practical experience or training
- For team leaders, accountable for ensuring the team the role supports is delivering a quality service or product
- Works within established frameworks and procedures, with the freedom to interpret them to solve a range of problems
- Delivers outputs that are clearly defined, using discretion over how to achieve them
- Makes suggestions for improvements to the work of the team, based on previous experience and knowledge of similar situations
Key Responsibilities Client Service Change Management
- Support the Change Manager.
- Perform work independently within scope of established guidelines and according to specific procedures.
- Liaise with colleagues across Business Units, Divisions and Locations as required to oversee the change service and help manage the client relationship.
- Deliver Change items in line with both Client and SSB expectations.
Skills & Knowledge - Essential
- To provide ownership for all Change Requests received from the client.
- Interact with the client and internal State Street parties to co-ordinate and facilitate implementation of all Change Requests maintaining sound working relationships not only with processing teams within IMS but also with other SSC areas as impacted by the specific change request, e.g. fund accounting, custody
- Formally track all client Change Requests from opening through to closure.
- Manage and prioritize the process of any required Development (RPMS) associated to Change Requests both internally and externally with Client or Third Parties.
- Manage the relationship with the Change Management team within the client's organization.
- Work independently to research and deliver Change Requests considering multiple avenues for resolution.
- Calculate the cost of Change Requests (within established Client Schedule guideline parameters) for the Client Relationship Manager to review and sign off.
- Track effort to implement change requests; whether Business as usual static data or configuration changes (e.g. fund lunch or closure, in specie activity), and technical changes that require development, testing, implementation, post implementation monitoring
- Participate in Change Management meetings with the client.
- Excellent communication skills, detail oriented and accuracy, problem solving skills, ability to multi-task and ability to work under pressure/deadlines.
- Expectation of a minimum of ten years of experience in an investment firm, or investment fund related, environment.
- Extensive asset management experience, including investment operations.
- Broad and in-depth understanding of:
The asset management industry, gained through working in a variety of asset management disciplines. The standards, methodologies, processes, systems and technology necessary to support investment management operations.
- Good communication skills and an ability to provide a customer focused approach
- Well-developed writing skills to facilitate the production of high quality board minutes
- Attention to detail while retaining efficiency and effectiveness
- PC literate - Word, Excel, PowerPoint
- Flexible working hours are required.
- Able to take high levels of ownership over client relationships and to take responsibility for ensuring that issues are tackled proactively and resolved
- Strong organizational and time management skills
- Ability to prioritize and work on own initiative and as part of a team
Work Level: Experienced Colleague
Recruiter: Shaima Nasim
Closing Date: 17.5.2021
We live by four behaviours at M&G and we ask all our employees to:
- Inspire Others - Support and encourage each other, creating an environment where everyone can contribute and succeed
- Embrace Change - Be open to change, willing to be challenged and able to adapt quickly and imaginatively to new ideas
- Deliver Results - Focus on outcomes, set high standards and deliver with energy and determination
- Keep it Simple - Cut through complexity and bureaucracy, be clear and decisive and never overcomplicate things