Central Control Unit KYC Analyst, Compliance, ENO-AVP
The Chief Compliance Office at Credit Suisse strives to become a proactive, independent function that enables business units across the organization to challenge and effectively manage compliance risk. Our new management team is focused on achieving professional excellence by providing state of the art technology, strengthening surveillance and testing processes and by aligning controls to keep risk within appetite. To fulfill our mandate we need the skills, experience and engagement of our employees. Our dynamic environment also means that you have the flexibility to help us define and establish new processes and procedures, start or expand a business and shape our company for the future. We offer a fast-paced, collaborative and diverse work environment that will support innovation, creativity and entrepreneurial ideas.
- A diversified role within the Compliance team of the Central Control Unit (CCU) of the International Wealth Management (IWM) division in London covering the Credit Suisse UK Wealth Management business.
- In this challenging position you take on responsibility for reviewing, controlling and approving all client due diligence documentation in the client onboarding process, consistent with all identification regulations and guidelines, tax agreements (especially FATCA and AEI) and other legal and contractual guidelines.
- Ensure the evaluation of KYC accuracy, completeness and plausibility for low to high risk client relationships adheres with applicable regulatory requirements and Credit Suisse internal standards.
- Conduct trainings for key partners in topics related to documentation requirements under FCA requirements, FATCA and AEI.
- Through close collaboration with various partners across divisions build up a bank-wide network within an international environment.
- In this position you will get the chance to refine your Compliance skills and will be working closely with our Financial Crime Compliance team in the 2nd line of defense.
- Support working groups and projects to improve the existing processes & procedures.
- Be a part of dynamic, international and highly motivated team.
We are open to discussing flexible / agile working. You Offer
- A university degree in Law, Business Administration, Finance, Compliance, Political Science, or International Relations, or alternatively you have completed a banking apprenticeship with further education in a relevant field.
- Experience in Audit, Compliance and / or Business Risk Management within Private Banking.
- Experience as (Assistant) Relationship Manager is beneficial.
- Founded experience in corporate service providers is an additional asset.
- Ambitious, hardworking individual with outstanding written and verbal communication skills.
- Ability to fulfill an advisory role professionally whilst ensuring the independence of the Compliance function.
- Strong analytical, interpersonal and problem solving skills, a detail oriented attitude as well as enthusiasm for Legal, Compliance and Risk topics.
- A committed teammate with an independent, reliable and detailed way of working and a self-starter personality with a highly dedicated approach.
- Good MS Office skills, knowledge of CS internal tools are an additional asset.
- Experience in dealing with complex offshore trust structures.
Credit Suisse is an equal opportunity employer. Welcoming diversity gives us a competitive advantage in the global marketplace and drives our success. Credit Suisse is committed to providing equal employment opportunities, regardless of ethnicity, nationality, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, religion, age, civil partnership, marital or family status, pregnancy, disability or any other status that is protected as a matter of local law.