Catastrophe Risk Analyst
- £40,000 - £55,000
- London, England, United Kingdom
- Permanent, Full time
- 05 Feb 18 2018-02-05
HFG have partnered with a leading Global Specialty Insurer operating within the Lloyd’s of London insurance market to recruit a Catastrophe Risk Analyst.
HFG have partnered with a leading Global Insurer operating within the Lloyd’s of London insurance market to recruit a Catastrophe Risk Analyst
The group modelling team support the underwriting teams in providing all Catastrophe Modelling, Exposure Management and technical pricing capabilities and analytical support. The senior modelling team will work closely and collaboratively with a wide range of group business functions including Actuarial, IT Developers and underwriting teams.
• Support the development and programming of tools and systems for Catastrophe modelling, Exposure management and Pricing.
- Use RMS to model catastrophe risk and catastrophe exposed portfolios
• Improve business workflow, controls and reporting for catastrophe modelling team.
• Programme and develop technical pricing tools.
• Support lead actuarial modelling team.
• Strong Mathematical, statistical and analytical background.
• Previous experience within Insurance / Re Insurance, ideally with in Catastrophe risk Modelling or actuarial.
• Ability to manipulate large data sets
• Familiarity with MS SQL, VBA, .NET, R, Python a preference
• Good understanding of insurance and the Lloyd’s market