Catalyst Portfolio Analyst
At M&G our vision is: to become the best loved and most successful savings and investment business
and we're looking for people who are excited about joining us on our journey. We're digitally transforming and investing heavily in technology and innovation to develop new and improved customer propositions that really raise the bar for our customers. To help us achieve our vision we're looking for exceptional people who live our values and behaviours and who can inspire others; embrace change; deliver results and keep it simple.
We know that an inclusive environment makes us more accessible and ensures we attract, engage, promote and retain exceptional people. We welcome applications from all individuals regardless of age, gender/gender identity, sexual orientation, ethnicity/nationality, disability, or military service and welcome those who have taken career breaks. We will consider flexible working arrangements or home working arrangements for any of our roles. What you can expect from us:
We are committed to creating an environment where you can be exceptional at all you do. To help us deliver this, we promise to:
How do we support our employees:
- Challenge Your Limits by creating a stimulating working environment and providing opportunities for you to be involved in meaningful and challenging work
- Support Your Aspirations with a commitment to learning and development that helps you achieve and build your experience with people who want you to succeed
- Value Your Input whereby leaders and managers will involve you in key decisions, listen to your thoughts and recognise the important contribution you make
- Balance Your Life through a work life partnership that focuses on making this an inclusive, diverse and friendly place to work and offers the flexibility and support that enables everyone to be at their best
All M&G plc employees will be supported in the workplace through our M&G Employee Assistance Programme (EAP). If you need counselling, confidential financial or legal advice. The service is available 24 hours a day, 365 days a year and offers access to qualified professionals who can provide specialist information, advice and support on many issues. It offers a broad range of services, including help with family issues, maintaining work/life balance and mental health support. Catalyst - Portfolio Management
London Opportunity M&G plc
is a global asset management, savings and insurance business, headquartered in the UK, with £367billion AUM.
The Group has leading capabilities in all areas of active fund management including Multi Asset, Public Debt and Private Assets, the latter being a significant strategic focus for the Group.
As part of this strategic development in Private Assets, the Catalyst team and Strategy has been created. With a team based in London, Singapore, New York and Mumbai, Catalyst will target innovative private asset opportunities, including enterprises tackling social and environmental challenges. The £5bn evergreen mandate has a global remit and has the flexibility to invest across private credit and equity, as well as real and financial assets. Key Team / stakeholders:
The candidate will join a team of 25 investment professionals located in London, Mumbai, New York and Singapore. The team aspires to drive positive impact for People, Communities and the Planet through investment in private assets across the capital structure.
In order to meet the increased growth of the Portfolio, the team are seeking to hire a Portfolio Analyst within the Fund Management Team. The candidate will be based in London, reporting into the Senior Fund Manager. The appointed individual will support the Fund Management teams as well as wider initiatives across origination and sustainability. Type of person
- Self-motivated & ability to prioritise own workload
- Ability to meet deadlines
- Collaborative, team player
- Diligent, attention to detail
- Assist the Fund Management team with the day to day running of the fund. Working alongside the team in Mumbai overseeing the daily cash management of the portfolio includingFX, deposits and investor drawdowns. Reviewing investment funding requests and consideration of future cash requirements
- Support the Fund Management team in portfolio construction including risk and performance monitoring across a multiple mandates and funds.
- Responsible for ensuring portfolios adhere to relevant regulation and fund mandates through effective implantation of operational controls
- Take a lead role in liaising with external third party stakeholders; Custodians, Administrators & trustees to ensure smooth operational running of the portfolios.
- Assist with the production of fund & portfolio information for the QRF and other regular internal and external reporting
- Production of portfolio information as requested by the Fund Manager
- Understanding the roles and responsibilities of the wider M&G teams to ensure fund information is maintained and reflected correctly on internal systems
- Supporting the FM at internal Investment committees and investor meetings, taking minutes where required.
- Working with the internal Accounting and Audit teams, ensuring requested information is provided timely and creating effective internal processes
- Responsible for the production of the Quarterly Monitoring Report
- Understand the operational challenges and look to improve processes, including maintaining desk processes and how to processes
Essential Skills & Experience
- Support the implementation of ESG reporting requirements into the Fund Reporting
- Provide operational support to internal change projects within the Front Office, ensuring requirements are captured and implemented
- Opportunity to support the ESG Director and Origination teams
- Lease with wider M&G teams to help improve consistency across Private and Alternative Assets, T&IO and M&G.
- Knowledge of asset classes (Fixed Income, FX, Equities)
- A good understanding of investment products and the asset management industry
- Bright, enthusiastic and proactive
- Highly numerate, logical and analytical approach
- Experience of using Aladdin
- Ability to work under pressure
- Experience of managing complicated processes and focus on risk reduction and controls
- Able to work as part of a global team
- Good communication skills, both written and verbal
- Ability to build relationships effectively with personnel at all levels
- Advanced excel skills, PowerBI
- ESG Enthusiast
- Understanding of front to back process of investments
- Basic accounting knowledge
We live by four behaviours at M&G and we ask all our employees to:
- Inspire Others - Support and encourage each other, creating an environment where everyone can contribute and succeed
- Embrace Change - Be open to change, willing to be challenged and able to adapt quickly and imaginatively to new ideas
- Deliver Results - Focus on outcomes, set high standards and deliver with energy and determination
- Keep it Simple - Cut through complexity and bureaucracy, be clear and decisive and never overcomplicate things