See job description for details
Morgan Stanley is a leading global financial services firm providing a wide range of investment banking, securities, investment management and wealth management services. The Firm's employees serve clients worldwide including corporations, governments and individuals from more than 1,200 offices in 43 countries.
As a market leader, the talent and passion of our people is critical to our success. Together, we share a common set of values rooted in integrity, excellence and strong team ethic. Morgan Stanley can provide a superior foundation for building a professional career - a place for people to learn, to achieve and grow. A philosophy that balances personal lifestyles, perspectives and needs is an important part of our culture. Department Profile
One of the largest divisions in the Firm, Operations is the first line of defence for Morgan Stanley's financial and reputational well-being and essential in delivering value to our clients. Operations is responsible for correctly settling and recording millions of transactions per day, identifying and mitigating operational risk, developing strong client relationships and partnering with technology to realize the full potential of IT and Automation. Operations has a world-class team of innovative and dedicated professionals, with a unique vantage point in the Firm interacting with all parts of the business, front to back. The Operations Senior Management team are passionate about our people development and providing best in class employee opportunities through an inclusive, forward-looking environment defined by open communication, collaboration, learning, and proactive career management. Team Profile
Shared Service and Banking Operations delivers industry leading operational solutions by aligning the right functions, people, processes and tools into ten core disciplines offering tailored client service levels that are efficient, controlled and compliant with regulation. Our core disciplines include: Asset Servicing, Cash Management, Client Data Management, Global Banking Services, Loans Servicing, Network Management, Payments (Wireless and Disbursements), Reconciliations, Settlements and Tax Operations.
The Cash Management department sits within the Operations division has primary responsibility for operational control, management and reporting of the Firms cash and liquidity. With regional hubs located in Asia Pacific, EMEA and Americas, Cash Management operates in the sense of a true Firm-wide global Utility, Cash Management comprises the following core functional business lines:
- Liquidity Management
- Trade Support
- Cash Analytics
Part of a team based in London, the role is based within the Cash Management Liquidity Management function with responsibility for:
- Accurately forecasting, efficiently fund, analyse and report on daily currency and legal entity liquidity requirements.
- Manage intra-day liquidity requirements including real time cash positions at Agent banks.
- Demonstrate clear risk ownership, mitigation and clear lines of escalation with an expectation of key supervisory responsibilities across all functions & processes performed by the team.
- Maintain strong stakeholder relationships. Emphasis is placed on the candidate's ability to establish and maintain Firm-wide relationships in order to deliver our core liquidity and change agenda.
- Close interaction with Treasury, the Business and Operations teams to analyse front to back transactional flows, mitigate intraday volatility and the associated liquidity impact to ensure optimum cost effectiveness of settlement.
- Support & oversight of critical control functions including client money segregation, limit management and central bank deposits.
- Active participation in change the bank initiatives and technology projects
The candidate will be able to demonstrate:
- Attention to detail and ability to retain focus, be dynamic to changing funding requirements intra-day.
- Risk management: experience of identifying and mitigating operational risk.
- Excellent communication skills, both written and verbal..
- An intrinsic ability to identify priorities and deliver timely outputs to a consistently high standard.
- A broad understanding on a wide range of products
- An intuitive thinker, able to think and plan ahead.
-This position requires excellent analytical and strong communication skills.
- Individual must be organized, a self-starter and capable of addressing inquiries as well as issues in a timely manner Qualifications: Skills Required:
- Prior experience supervising others (essential)
- Strong quantitative and analytic skills
- Flexibility, self-confidence and ability to work in a dynamic environment
- Strong written and oral communication skills
- Self-starter initiative with ability to drive deliverables
- Extremely knowledgeable with Excel, Word, Powerpoint, and Access database
- Ability to set priorities and recognize time constraints
Morgan Stanley is an equal opportunities employer. We work to provide a supportive and inclusive environment where all individuals can maximise their full potential. Our skilled and creative workforce is comprised of individuals drawn from a broad cross section of the global communities in which we operate and who reflect a variety of backgrounds, talents, perspectives and experiences. Our strong commitment to a culture of inclusion is evident through our constant focus on recruiting, developing and advancing individuals based on their skills and talents.
Interested in flexible working opportunities? Morgan Stanley empowers employees to have greater freedom of choice through flexible working arrangements. Speak to our recruitment team to find out more.
Given the continued spread of COVID-19 (coronavirus), all interviews will be conducted by phone or virtual connection to protect our candidates and employees.