Cash Management Liquidity Management Associate
- London, England, United Kingdom
- Permanent, Full time
- Morgan Stanley
- 11 Dec 17 2017-12-11
See job description for details
This is an exploratory requisition for expressions of interest in potential or future roles.
Morgan Stanley is a leading global financial services firm providing a wide range of investment banking, securities, investment management and wealth management services. The Firm's employees serve clients worldwide including corporations, governments and individuals from more than 1,200 offices in 43 countries.
As a market leader, the talent and passion of our people is critical to our success. Together, we share a common set of values rooted in integrity, excellence and strong team ethic. Morgan Stanley can provide a superior foundation for building a professional career - a place for people to learn, to achieve and grow. A philosophy that balances personal lifestyles, perspectives and needs is an important part of our culture.
The Operations division is both the first line of defence for protecting Morgan Stanley's financial and reputational well-being, and an essential partner contributing to the firm's growth. Facing off to all Morgan Stanley businesses and interacting with all other parts of the Firm, the Operations division supports a complex, multi-faceted portfolio of businesses in full compliance with regulatory guidelines and the directives of the Operating Committee and Board of Directors. Members of the Operations team have a unique vantage point as the division touches all parts of the business, front to back. One of the largest divisions in the firm, Operations has diverse responsibilities, including correctly settling and recording millions of transactions per day, identifying and mitigating all operational risks, developing strong client relationships and partnering with technology to realize the full potential of IT and e-solutions. Throughout, we continually strive to improve while actively supporting the development of new businesses, structures and markets.
Cash Management has primary responsibility for visibility, control, and reporting of cash activities across the global Morgan Stanley franchise. With regional hubs located in Asia Pacific, EMEA and Americas, it operates in the sense of a true Firm-wide global Utility, Cash Management comprises core functional business lines which include:
- Liquidity Management
- Trade Support
- Cash Analytics
The Liquidity Management role comprises various key elements to include:
- Accurately forecast, efficiently fund, analyse and report on daily currency and legal entity liquidity requirements.
- Fostering critical relationships with Corporate Treasury and the short term Capital Markets team.
- Manage intra-day liquidity requirements including real time cash positions at Agent banks.
- Maintain stakeholder relationship. Emphasis is placed on the candidate's ability to establish and maintain Firm-wide relationships in order to deliver our core liquidity and change agenda.
- Close interaction with Front/Middle Office to understand business requirements, breaking down the silo approach to determine the front to back transactional flow, driving down volatility and the impact on liquidity where possible, to ensure optimum cost effectiveness of settlement.
- Respond to requests from Regulators (PRA and FED), working collaboratively across business units to pull required information and data.
- Demonstrating risk ownership, mitigation and clear lines of escalation.
- Attention to detail and ability to retain focus, be dynamic to changing funding requirements intra-day.
- An intrinsic ability to identify priorities and deliver timely outputs to a consistently high standard.
- A broad understanding on a wide range of products
- Risk management: experience of identifying and mitigating operational risk.
- An intuitive thinker, able to think and plan ahead.
- Effective communication skills, both written and verbal.
- Team Player
Morgan Stanley is an equal opportunities employer. We work to provide a supportive and inclusive environment where all individuals can maximise their full potential. Our skilled and creative workforce is comprised of individuals drawn from a broad cross section of the global communities in which we operate and who reflect a variety of backgrounds, talents, perspectives and experiences. Our strong commitment to a culture of inclusion is evident through our constant focus on recruiting, developing and advancing individuals based on their skills and talents.