Cash Management Analyst
- London, England, United Kingdom
- Permanent, Full time
- Michael Page
- 01 Mar 19
My client is looking for a Cash Management Analyst to work within the Treasury area of the Bank. This is an integral part of Treasury which is responsible for managing the cash balances across the firm. The team is primarily responsible for the management, monitoring and oversight of cash movements and balances of the firm's cash accounts.
My client is a fast growing challenger bank. This role is based in London.
The Cash Management Analyst will be responsible for:
- Providing support for cash, FX and investment settlements
- Adhering to strict cut off times for the execution of payments
- Analysing and quantifying risks particularly relating to customer behaviour
- Recommend and implement improvements to risk analytics and reporting
- Managing intraday settlement risks
- Develop funding stress tests
- Improve risk measurement practices.
- Assist in ensuring all bank accounts are funded
- Cash flow forecasting and variance analysis
- Forecasting and monitoring of interest receivable and payable
- Internal and external relationship management
- To report and provide data analysis support on the Bank's global cash management in order to optimise the structure of Bank's funding and liquidity
- Preparation of Management Information liquidity reporting material using an in house data, query tools, systems & applications and external data sources
- Preparation of monthly presentations / information packs for Treasury Management, ALCO, Risk Committees and Board Risk Committee
- Developing and implementing cash management risk policy
- Analyse and recommend increase/decrease of collateral held at the Bank of England for BACS and FPS debit caps.
The successful candidate will have/be:
- Detailed understanding of cash management, foreign exchange and cash investment processes
- Experience with financial markets within a treasury team
- Advantageous to have Treasury Management System experience
- Process-oriented with strong attention to detail.
- Effective written and verbal communication skills.
- Responsiveness, accountability and adaptability.
- Uses knowledge and initiative to assess business risks and escalate issues
- Have a flexible approach to working hours required to fulfil the role
- Experience of different payment mechanisms (SEPA, TARGET2, CHAPS, FPS, BACS, Fedwire, SWIFT) and ability to create manual outgoing SWIFT messages.
This is a permanent role based in London.