Cash Management Administrator
- London, England, United Kingdom
- Permanent, Full time
- Arbuthnot Latham & Co., Limited
- 14 Dec 17 2017-12-14
To Provide excellent administrative support to the Investment Management Team with the client at the heart of the service. The IM Operations team work closely with the Investment Management team as well as interfacing with all other areas of the bank and third party providers. The operations team deal with all issues arising prior to trade placement and execution through to Trade Settlement, Reconciliations, Dividends and Corporate action processing as well as opening and closing client accounts and providing our clients with valuation reporting, answering queries and production of tax reporting.
The Role of Cash Management Administrator is varied and covers all aspects of cash processing across client accounts, requiring a high level of accuracy. Duties will include:
• Processing cash received
• Processing ad-hoc payments
• Processing regular BACS payments
• Processing income sweeps
• Processing ISA subscriptions
• Shortfall Funding
• FX Netting
• Money Market requirements
• Processing trail commission
• Updating balances on Banking system
• Ad-hoc duties in support of other teams
These duties incorporate many tasks that would be performed by specialist teams within larger firms. As part of a small firm, staff can expect their role to evolve continuously and to include tasks "beyond the job specification”. Though roles are specific on a daily basis, a general knowledge and understanding of each element of the operational area is expected as staff will learn to cover different functions within the team.
The position is likely to involve interacting with every area of the firm from time to time and you will work with Executive Committee / Investment Directors of the company.
• Fellow Operations team members
• Client facing Investment Managers & their assistants
• Many other bank departments (e.g. Compliance & Treasury)
Knowledge & Experience
• Experience using Excel and adapting manual processes is essential
• Studying for, or already have, the IOC (or equivalent)
• Experience of UK securities administration (both core processing and associated tasks), gained operationally within an Investment Bank or another Wealth management company.
• A high standard of Compliance and regulatory knowledge, covering CASS, AML and TCF.
• Knowledge and experience of servicing private client business and understanding the requirements and expectations of the HNW market.
• Team working, it is essential that all staff members have a strong team player focus.
• Good system skills
• Previous experience with Investment Management Systems and interfaces such as Crest or Tercero.
• The role requires a high level of attention to detail.
• Excellent communication skills both written and verbal with clients, providers and senior management coupled with a high level of confidentiality, diplomacy and discretion.
• Ability to communicate both verbally and written with clients, providers and senior management.
• Problem solving and judgment
• Client focused
• Communication and confidence
• Working proactively
• Team working