Cash Desk Analyst
We are PIMCO, a leading global asset management firm. We manage investments and develop solutions across the full spectrum of asset classes, strategies and vehicles: fixed income, equities, commodities, asset allocation, ETFs, hedge funds and private equity. PIMCO is one of the largest investment managers, actively managing more than $2.21 trillion in assets for clients around the world. PIMCO has over 3,025 employees in 20 offices globally. PIMCO is recognized as an innovator, industry thought leader and trusted advisor to our clients.
PIMCO is one of the world's premier fixed income investment managers with thousands of professionals around the world united in a single purpose: creating opportunities for our clients in every environment. Since 1971, we have brought innovation and expertise to our partnership with the institutions, financial advisors and millions of individual investors who entrust us with their assets. We aspire to cultivate performance and leadership through empowering our people, diversity of thought, and a commitment to an inclusive culture that engages in our global communities. Position Description:
The European Cash Desk is responsible for projecting and optimizing cash/liquidity in all PIMCO client accounts with portfolio managers based in Europe, Asia and Australia, by providing a global solution and pivoting to market and client needs. The 6 person-strong team across London, Munich and Dublin works closely with the Portfolio Management group to determine cash/liquidity requirements, and works with them to either invests excess cash or raises cash to facilitate purchases / liquidity requirements. The European Cash Desk is also responsible for daily cash flow notification procedures and numerous other daily responsibilities and ad hoc requests. This role will focus on the latter element; ensuring the cash figures are accurate for the investment desks.
The European Cash Desk has direct interaction with Portfolio Managers, Account Managers, Clients, AGI, State Street IMS and Custodian Banks.
- Monitor the cash management process with its multiple adjustments and iterations throughout the day
- Work with Clients, KVGs, Account Managers and Portfolio Management group in regards to client directed cash contributions and withdrawals
- Manage the Fund, Segregated and trade lifecycle cash movements to ensure that the cash ladders for the investment desks are as accurate as possible
- Recognize areas of potential risks within the current processes and procedures and make necessary changes to mitigate those risks
- Review ways to enhance current reports and tools through increased automation
- Provide accurate and timely responses to the multiple ad hoc queries we receive daily from a myriad of internal and external stakeholders
- Manage the account life cycle with respect of its cash management (transitions, closures, set up etc.)
- Willingness to work alternative shift patterns of 6.30am - 3.30pm and 9.30am - 6.30pm
- The ideal candidate will be highly motivated and work well independently as well as in a global team environment.
- The individual should be flexible and comfortable in shifting workload in accordance with changing priorities.
- Strong attention to detail and work ethic.
- Ability to effectively organize, prioritize activities and perform under strict deadlines
- Extensive command of written and verbal communication and understanding of report analysis and generation.
- Strong Excel skills (writing and debugging complicated Macros) / SQL skills (query building) is a plus.
- Excellent English communications skills - verbal and written are required.
PIMCO is committed to offering a comprehensive portfolio of employee benefits designed to support the health and well-being of you and your family. Benefits vary by location but may include:
- Medical, dental, and vision coverage
- Life insurance and travel coverage
- 401(k) (defined contribution) retirement savings, retirement plan, pension contribution from your first day of employment
- Work/life programs such as flexible work arrangements, parental leave and support, employee assistance plan, commuter benefits, health club discounts, and educational/CFA certification reimbursement programs
- Community involvement opportunities with The PIMCO Foundation in each PIMCO office