- London, England, United Kingdom
- Permanent, Full time
- Credit Suisse -
- 24 Jun 18
Capital Optimization & Regulatory Implementation (CORI) Lawyer # 115104
As part of the Capital Optimization & Regulatory Implementation (CORI) team with the following areas of responsibility:
- Work on opinions and legal advice relating to regulatory capital issues for legal, credit risk and regulatory capital purposes.
- Liaise with external counsel to obtain advice on due diligence, netting and collateral enforceability for all types of master netting agreements. Provide practical interpretation and application of legal advice to substantiate application of capital treatment across all lines of business and assets.
- Assist in the development and maintenance of relevant templates, policies and procedures.
- Assist in representing GC and interface with other internal stakeholders on related projects.
- Provide legal support within wider CORI team in respect of global regulatory developments impacting the firm's derivatives, securities financing, and clearing businesses.
Open to discussing flexible/agile working.
- You will be a UK Qualified lawyer.
- You will have relevant experience working in the banking/securities/financial services industry - ideally obtained in private practice as well as in-house.
- Ability to collaborate closely with stakeholders from different disciplines, bank colleagues, and within a team.
- Strong risk analysis skills and judgment, legal and regulatory knowledge, interpersonal skills and execution skills.
- Confident team-player, a creative and strategic thinker with the ability to influence and build trusted relationships with clients and team members.
- Excellent organizational skills and ability to prioritize effectively; ability to work under pressure without compromising quality.
- Ability to analyze, draft and negotiate complex legal terms related to specific area of expertise and related regulatory and compliance issues.
- Ability to communicate complex or difficult legal concepts and negotiate and influence others to adopt different points of view.
- Strong familiarity with OTC and Listed master trading agreements preferred.
- Is eager to grow and learn both within and outside of her/his area of expertise; and as an individual. Stretches her-/himself and others to drive things forward.
- Fully complies with the bank's code of conduct and all applicable laws, regulations and policies. Shows true concern for compliance and control standards, protects the bank's reputation and earns our clients' trust. Is diligent, disciplined and organized in her/his work: meets deadlines, strives for high quality, has complete documentation.
- Proposes solutions that truly fit clients' needs and colleagues' requests. Communicates effectively; moves easily from discussion to agreement. Is calm and confident with clients/colleagues.
- Assumes accountability for their actions and results. Contributes to a positive and inclusive team environment, inspires others.
- Knowledge of insolvency law or secured transactions law or prior experience working with funds or in asset management is a plus.