Capital Markets Inspector with Global Travel Opportunities
- Market rates, dependent on experience
- London, England, United Kingdom London England GB
- Permanent, Full time
- RCQ Associates – Risk, Credit Analysis & Quantitative Specialists
- 13 Mar 18 2018-03-13
Do you enjoy travel and would you like this as part of your job? If so, a Tier 1 Investment Bank is hiring for a team of 5 quantitative individuals at AVP & VP level to be centrally based in London but have 3 assignments a year of between 2-3 months in any of their global offices including across Europe, Asia, North & South America, Africa or Australia. You will have a quantitative masters degree, plus experience in a global investment bank focused on market risk, model validation, quant research, algo trading, structuring, or related disciplines.
This role is focused on the inspection, review and quantitative checks on all global models across asset classes. There will be a strong focus on model development, model validation /approval, implementation, and back-testing. This role offers excellent opportunities in the longer run to progress globally within the Investment Bank too, and would usually expect someone to spend 3 years in this role before progressing within the bank.
You will be involved in:
- Analysing and assessing the quality of the embedded models within the business across all asset classes. This will include the review, oversight and validation of global models, with a key focus on model development, model validation / approval, model implementation and back-testing
- Ensuring that all regulations and internal procedures are being complied with
- Formulate dedicated findings and recommendations in order to remediate to identified gaps pertaining to the bank’s framework
- Assess the actions of the management teams audited
- Contribute to and produce key deliverables such as synthetic feedback to auditees, scorecards, assignment ratings, assignment reports etc.
You will have the following experience:
- A quantitative academic background including at least a Masters degree within a subject such as Mathematics, Finance, Engineering, Statistics, Physics, or similar
- Hands on experience within a capital markets focused role such as market risk, model validation, model development, quant research, algo trading, structuring, or related disciplines
- Excellent communication skills are essential. English is the global language for the bank, although additional language skills are useful
- Capital markets products exposure is essential including strong knowledge of either credit, fixed income, FX, equities, or commodities asset classes
- You will have worked for a global investment banking group
Apply now for further information.