Our client, a global leading Investment Banking Boutique has an exciting opportunity for an Associate to join their highly specialised Capital Advisory team in their London Office. The growing team is responsible for advising clients on capital structure solutions, including the arranging of event driven situations, acquisitions, refinancings, stressed and distressed situations.
- Build financial models from scratch, including analysing business forecasts, evaluate scenario analysis and covenant calculations to see the viability of transaction structures and determine appropriate debt levels.
- Support origination, structure and execution of Capital Advisory transactions, including corporate restructuring and debt advisory mandates
- Conduct analysis of company financial and operational performance, capital structure, legal documentation, and value
- Support and work alongside the M&A advisory teams
- Lead with day-to-day management of transaction processes, including the preparation of information packs, management presentations, pitch books and client communications.
- Contribute to supporting senior members in lender and client engagement and train and develop junior members in the team
- Fluency in either French or German is highly advantageous
- Experience within Restructuring and/or Leveraged Finance is preferred
- Experience at a leading investment bank or other advisory firm commensurate with working at the Associate level
- Essential ability to build complex models from scratch to model financing scenarios and company valuations (incl. LBO, DCF)
- Ability to synthesise and interpret data, and present it in a clear, concise and logical way
- Experience in supervising and teaching junior members
- Highly analytical and motivated with leadership potential, with strong attention to detail
- A hard-working, pro-active attitude with a willingness to simultaneously work on a number of transactions
- Excellent communication, problem solving & presentation skills