Campaign & Content Manager - Asset Management
Canada Life UK looks after the retirement, investment and protection needs of individuals, families and companies. We help to build better futures for our customers, our intermediaries and our employees by operating as a modern, agile and welcoming organisation.
Part of our parent company Great-West Lifeco, Canada Life UK has operated in the United Kingdom since 1903. We have hundreds of respected and supported employees committed to doing the right thing for our customers and colleagues.
Canada Life UK is transforming to create a more customer-focused business by providing our customers with expertise on financial and tax planning, offering home finance and annuities propositions, and providing collective fund solutions to third party customers. Job Purpose
Will have significant contribution into the establishment, managing and maintaining of marketing plans for relevant product sets, adapting them as required to meet ongoing business objectives.
May lead large/significant campaign projects utilising other shared services team members to develop, creation and deliver high quality content and campaigns. Responsible for producing on and offline campaigns and content, from brief to execution/distribution, which clearly communicate the benefits of our products and proposition, and support our brand objectives, including customer literature, sales aids, online content, webinars, advertising and social media.
This role will specialise in one of the following product marketing areas:
1. Asset Management What you'll do
• Develop advertising and direct marketing campaigns from brief through to delivery, on and offline, across multiple channels - e.g. media advertising, email, direct mail, social media, paid search
• Create, schedule and promote high quality product literature, sales material, web content, content for webinars, events and other fund specific purposes, drawing on internal and external creative and technical resources where appropriate
• Ensure that all marketing collateral and literature on and offline is maintained and up to date, managing the approval process so that it adheres to brand guidelines, and is signed-off by Technical, Legal, Compliance, Product and Distribution, and any other relevant parties, including external partners, as appropriate
• Ensure that agreed marketing metrics and KPIs are measured and reported, and relevant data monitored, using insight from these to improve performance over time
• Work closely with counterparts in other departments as required, such as Sales, Product and Compliance, and external advertising agencies, media buyers etc, and represent Marketing when needed on projects, product working groups and in other forums
• Be the point of contact for all third-party fund data providers for changes required on funds, working closely with operational and product fund management team on the monthly delivery of fund factsheets; ensuring data on funds is up to date, accurate and compliant Skills/Experience
Solid practical experience in a marketing communications management role is necessary, for example:
• Strong background in campaign development and content creation
• Use of data and marketing analytics to improve campaigns over time, including testing and optimisation techniques
• Wide knowledge of digital marketing methods - including email campaigns, content marketing, social media, and online advertising
• Significant experience working with agencies and other providers of marketing services
• Hands-on experience of using marketing systems such as CMS, google analytics, marketing automation and email software
• A background in financial services is essential, preferably in investments or wealth management. Qualifications
• Degree level education
• Marketing qualification - CIM or equivalent What you'll like about working here
As a Canada Life UK colleague, you'll receive a competitive salary and comprehensive reward package including income protection, private medical insurance and life assurance, along with a generous pension and bonus scheme. You'll also receive the support you need with your personal and professional development. Diversity and inclusion
Canada Life is committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace. Our role as an employer of choice is to provide the right environment for talented people to do their best work, by respecting, understanding and valuing individual differences