Calypso Business Analyst
- London, England, United Kingdom London England GB
- Permanent, Full time
- Investec Bank plc
- 07 Aug 18 2018-08-07
Exciting role Working as a Calypso Business Analyst supporting our Brexit plans.
Calypso is our core processing platform across all Treasury and derivative products (FX, IRD, MM, Commodities etc…). It is used front to back (with focus on middle and back office) covering areas such as Collateral, Payments, Sub Ledger, Settlements etc… as well as being the booking platform for IRD, Commodities and Bonds.
The Business Analyst role is responsible for carrying out analysis and designing and documenting requirements in relation to the Calypso system and processes as well as covering the interfaces in and out of the platform.
The successful candidate will work closely with the PM and lead Calypso BA on our Brexit project to set up a new entity within the EU. They will build use cases, design interfaces, and carry out migration tasks to the new Brexit entity. They will also be expected to carry out some support tasks and answer business queries on the system.
Person will specifically pick up:
- Extension of the IBIS to Calypso Legal Entity feed as part of Brexit project
- Setup of accounting rules for the new Brexit entity
- Assist with back office (settlements, payments, accounting etc.) piece for Brexit project
- Deliver access permmissioning and user account setup for Brexit branch
- Work on Financial Products Chi to Calypso banking flow feed
- Assist with system support as and when required
In order to deliver successfully, there is a need to interact with multiple stakeholders within the bank. Building successful relationships across various areas being critical to correctly gather business requirements, assist in testing and delivering projects successfully.
( List is indicative and is not intended to be exhaustive):
- Knowledge of the Calypso platform and identify best practice based on that prior experience.
- Work with the business and other IT teams to deliver in accordance with the plans developed in conjunction with the project leads
- Proactively engage with the user community to gain a deeper understanding of their requirements
- Full implementation lifecycle (specification, configuration, testing, implementation) for any changes or additions to Calypso system and processes
- Work alongside project resources to ensure the smooth transition of the projects into operational support
- Maintain a high level of technical and professional expertise aligned to the business requirements
- Liaising with various business units and technical teams with the objective of identifying and documenting requirements
- Guiding of technical Calypso resources and developers to meet these requirements as well as also configuring the system where this will meet the requirement
- Assisting with the business user testing cycle
- Helping ensure we play our part in the completeness and accuracy of information in the relevant systems and applications Calypso interacts with
- Increase the efficiency of the operational environment, leveraging technology for automation and innovation
- Maintaining and implement procedures in line with the policies
- Like all our BAs expectation is there will be some BAU support for key interfaces such as Rates/Curves/Fixings imports and Trade messages as well as static maintenance across Books, Domain Values, Currencies, and Pricing Environments however the majority of work will be project focussed
- Management of test systems including regression, and release testing
Core skills and experience
- Drive and energy to learn/develop own, team, and Business user knowledge
- Practical knowledge of supporting the Calypso platform in a Capital Markets environment.
- Knowledge of the Accounting aspects of Calypso (training on our accounting setup will be provided)
- Proven project delivery capability, helping coordinate with PM across multiple teams
- Documenting IT solutions for both a technical and business audience
- Keen appreciation of the role of IT within business
- Knowledge of financial markets and Corporate Banking – ideally with
- Regulatory knowledge as applicable to role
- Strong understanding of Calypso and how to configure it
- Knowledge of basic IT infrastructure and terms
- A self-starter who takes proactive ownership of tasks from initial analysis through to successful completion.
- Ability to manage and report on own workload and that of others, prioritised to the business requirements.
- Proactive and dynamic, must have a “can do” attitude
- Meticulous attention to detail, working within existing internal processes and procedures.
- Ability to perform as part of a team both in a Business and IT environment