Moody's (NYSE: MCO) is a global integrated risk assessment firm that empowers organizations to make better decisions. Our data, analytical solutions and insights help decision-makers identify opportunities and manage the risks of doing business with others. We believe that greater transparency, more informed decisions, and fair access to information open the door to shared progress. With over 11,000 employees in more than 40 countries, Moody's combines international presence with local expertise and over a century of experience in financial markets. Learn more at moodys.com.
Moody’s Analytics provides financial intelligence and analytical tools supporting our clients’ growth, efficiency and risk management objectives. The combination of our unparalleled expertise in risk, expansive information resources, and innovative application of technology, helps today’s business leaders confidently navigate an evolving marketplace.
An Associate Software Engineer fulfils the following responsibilities with moderate to significant guidance of more senior team members.
- Interpret business requirements with the assistance of Business Analysts and more senior engineers.
- Implement and test features based on the requirements and the technical designs written by more senior team members.
- Comply with coding standards.
- Collaborate with quality assurance engineers to fix defects.
- Collaborate with build and release engineers to prepare packages.
- Help investigate problems reported by clients.
- Typically a Moody's employee at this level would have between 2-3 years experience as a Software Engineer.
- Understands object-oriented design and development.
- Familiar with relational and NoSQL databases.
- Able to work well within the constructs of an agile development process, including SCRUM, Unit Testing, Continuous Build and Integration, etc.
- Willing to learn new technologies; capable of self-directed learning.
- Good verbal and written communication skills.
- Works well in a fast-paced team environment; able to work under pressure to meet tight deadlines.
- Has strong analytical and problem-solving skills.
- Experienced in Development tools: Visual Studio, Visual Studio Code etc.
- Experienced in Development Platforms: Microsoft Windows, Linux.
- Experienced in Application Servers: IIS, Kestrel, etc.
- Familiar with Containerisation Platforms: Kubernetes, Docker.
- Familiar with Cloud Platforms: Azure, AWS, Google Cloud.
- Familiar with Application Frameworks & Engines: .Net Core, ASP.NET MVC, ASP.NET WEB API, Microsoft WCF, Linq, Unity, Entity Framework, SharePoint, Microsoft Enterprise Library, etc.
JQuery, Node.js, React, Bootstrap, etc.
- Familiar with Databases: SQL, PostgresSQL, MySql, MongoDB, etc.
- Knowledge of Others: Azure DevOps, Jira, Git, Jenkins, etc.