EMPOWERING YOUR CAREER
We are looking for a C++ Quant Developer
to join our team in London, England, United Kingdom
- London, England, United Kingdom
- Permanent, Full time
- FIS Global
- 22 Mar 18
At FIS APT we build solutions for investment risk management. Our applications allow banks, pension funds, hedge funds and other asset owners to get a real understanding of the risk of their investments across all asset classes. We enable our clients to meet regulatory needs as well as giving them an edge in making well informed investment decisions.
We are looking for a C++ developer to join our development team building the core analytics library which underpins everything that we do at APT. You will be working as part of a team alongside experienced developers taking responsibility for the full development lifecycle. This means working with our research team to understand emerging market trends and new analytics and asset classes; taking those ideas and working out how to implement them within the existing analytics framework; creating automated tests and providing support to internal and external clients on the product. You will work closely with the other developers within an Agile team as well as with the product owners and business stakeholders to ensure we build the right things in the right way.
The analytics team is also responsible for maintaining our portfolio Optimizer product which has been built from the ground-up using modern C++ techniques and technologies including C++14 and some features scheduled to be in C++17. So there's a great scope to be using cutting edge features of the language.
We are looking for someone who is passionate about good software engineering practice as well as a strong background in maths. We believe in team work, everyone working together across disciplines to make sure we deliver great products and fantastic value to our clients.
- • BSc. In Mathematical or Technology based subject
- • Proven commercial experience writing software with C++
- • Good knowledge of C++ development techniques
- • Drive to deliver high quality software in a fast-paced environment
- • An analytic thinker with a great ability to problem solve
- • Driven and enjoy influencing the direction of your own development
- • Collaborative and like to share knowledge
- • Always looking for a better way to do things
- • Interested in mathematics in general and statistics in particular
- • Experience in financial markets and knowledge of financial instruments
- • Experience with modern C++ (C++14 and later)
- • Experience with TDD and Agile methods
Interested to find out more? Apply now to become part of the FIS team! We look forwards to recieving your application.