C++ Developer –Algorithmic Trading – Vice President
- London, England, United Kingdom London England GB
- Permanent, Full time
- Morgan Stanley
- 23 Mar 18 2018-03-23
See job description for details
C++ Developer –Algorithmic Trading – Vice President (3106304)
Morgan Stanley is a leading global financial services firm providing a wide range of investment banking, securities, investment management and wealth management services. The Firm's employees serve clients worldwide including corporations, governments and individuals from more than 1,200 offices in 43 countries.
As a market leader, the talent and passion of our people is critical to our success. Together, we share a common set of values rooted in integrity, excellence and strong team ethic. Morgan Stanley can provide a superior foundation for building a professional career - a place for people to learn, to achieve and grow. A philosophy that balances personal lifestyles, perspectives and needs is an important part of our culture.
You will join a team that is responsible for infrastructure development providing core C++ libraries and tools for our global eTrading platform. We provide trading focused C++ software components that span all the functionality needed to build high-performance and reliable applications. Our libraries are used in thousands of applications and by hundreds of developers across Morgan Stanley.
You will be part of a focused dev team and have opportunity to work closely with end users to define API’s, interfaces, develop new and extend existing components. The core libraries are developed in C++, on Linux, with automated tests written in Python.
We are expanding to enable Morgan Stanley to deliver new businesses and improve trading low-latency performance. This is a growing area in Morgan Stanley; our core infrastructure software team is the heart of our technology group. The successful candidate will have opportunity to grow and shape our next-generation of infra technologies.
Knowledge or experience working in the finance industry is not required. We are a technology focused team, and we encourage applicants from all backgrounds of IT.
• You will work as a Developer primarily writing code in C++ on Linux.
• Write code – Work with clients, vendors and open source, across all aspects of software lifecycle. We promote ideas, evaluate new technologies, and bring them to production.
• High quality – our software is well written, extensively tested, clearly documented.
• Move quickly – your code can be live in a few hours.
• Teamwork – you will be part of a collaborative team setting of like-minded peers. Work with some of the best technologists in the industry.
• Learn and grow – opportunity to lead or learn, per your experience. We have a culture of learning and coaching.
• Technologies we use include: Clang/LLVM, GCC6 C++14, RedHat7, SolarFlare/Mellanox, FPGA, Informatica UME, Gemfire grid, Sphinx doc, Python3
• Excellent C++ skills.
• Experience working on low latency distributed systems.
• Familiarity with networking protocols (UDP, Multicast, TCP) advantageous.
• Knowledge of financial technologies (e.g. FIX)
• Experience with boost, python or perl would be beneficial
• Good English written and verbal communication skills.
The salary of this role is competitive.
The closing date for applications is 06/04/2018
Morgan Stanley is an equal opportunities employer. We work to provide a supportive and inclusive environment where all individuals can maximise their full potential. Our skilled and creative workforce is comprised of individuals drawn from a broad cross section of the global communities in which we operate and who reflect a variety of backgrounds, talents, perspectives and experiences. Our strong commitment to a culture of inclusion is evident through our constant focus on recruiting, developing and advancing individuals based on their skills and talents.