Our client is an established fintech in the multi-asset trading systems area, and with new funding fuelling growth the founders are scaling for growth with a number of new C-level appointments including a CTO.
The CTO will take on leadership for a 50 person international software engineering team today, with the remit to 'take it to the next level' and grow the global team as required to meet the technical roadmap for North America, Europe and Asia-Pacific. Working closely with the CEO, CRO and CPO, as the CTO you'll:
- Own the technical strategy / roadmap for ongoing evolution of their systems in line with their product roadmap, leveraging the latest disruptive technologies.
- Ensure your global team is structured and manned efficiently to drive quality and rapid execution of the product roadmap. i.e. Architecture, UX Design, QA, Software Development, Data Engineering and Implementation etc. This is likely to involve building out new engineering team resources in North America, Europe and Asia.
- Researching, selecting and managing external technical partners.
- Ensure high system availability for clients.
We welcome hearing from software engineering leaders with:
- At least 10 years technical experience of product builds within the finance industry, with knowledge of current technologies and emerging trends in order to build leading edge systems. Looking for someone who knows how to best structure software engineering teams for maximum effectiveness and efficiency, and would like a free reign to change current structures and processes to achieve what they feel is is best practice.
- Experience at another technology provider as opposed to a career only at financial institutions. Trading systems build experience would of course be interesting but is certainly not required, happy to consider other fornt, middle or back office systems build experience for banks, hedge funds and/or asset managers.
- You could of course already have CTO experience, but our client is open to considering experience as the number 2 or 3 to a CTO and ready to step up into the CTO role.
- The ability to think about technology in conjunction with business, customer and market needs today and into the future.
- A driven and determined attitude conducive to a dynamic high growth business environment where you'll have the opportunity to make a significant impact.
- Ability for 50% travel outside of London (Continental Europe and Asia where engineering teams are currently located).
The company can demonstrate the ability to disrupt the trading systems market and are destined for continued international success. So for the right technology leader with entrepreneurial spirit, this is a great opportunity to reap both the career and financial rewards of being part of an exciting capital markets fintech venture.
Feel free to either apply online, or introduce yourself by email to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Remuneration: Competitive market salary + equity.
London, but will consider other European locations remote.
Keywords: chief technology officer, CTO, head of technology, head of software development, head of software engineering, technical manager, fintech, electronic trading, trading, low latency trading, algorthmic trading, OMS, EMS, connectivity, ecommerce, equities, equity, fixed income, bonds, derivatives, capital markets, investment banking, fintech.
Since 1999 Excelsior Search has been partnering with financial technology (FinTech), data and research providers to the global capital markets and investment industry. Whilst supporting immense technological change the past two decades, using our deep niche industry and specialist talent acquisition expertise we play a key role in helping our clients build high performing teams across the Americas, EMEA and Asia Pacific.
Creating win-win situations
We work passionately in close partnership with fintech companies to secure for them the very best talent available globally, delivering win-win solutions all round:
✓ The companies we partner with hire proven top performers whom can make a dramatic difference to their business i.e. by providing strong C level leadership, build great products and realise true sales potential.
✓ By only partnering with the best companies in the sector, we add significant value to the careers of the industry professionals placed and hiring executives, enabling top performers to shine and meet their own career goals and earning potential.
Companies we partner with
We recruit for providers of financial technology, market data, investment research and consultancy services. This also includes partnering with private equity & venture capital companies, fintech innovation labs & hubs playing an important role developing the fintech ecosystem.
Roles we fill
C level down and across all company functions; executive management, sales & business development, marketing & communications, client servicing & relationship / account management, systems implementation & consulting, product management, sales engineering, finance, legal & compliance.
Track record of hiring and extensive industry networks in: New York, Boston, Chicago, San Francisco, Los Angeles, Toronto, Montreal, Sao Paulo, London, Paris, Luxembourg, Frankfurt, Vienna, Zurich, Dubai, Cape Town, Sydney, Singapore & Hong Kong.