CRE Debt Asset Manager
We are PIMCO, a leading global asset management firm. We manage investments and develop solutions across the full spectrum of asset classes, strategies and vehicles: fixed income, equities, commodities, asset allocation, ETFs, hedge funds and private equity. PIMCO is one of the largest investment managers, actively managing more than $2.21 trillion in assets for clients around the world. PIMCO has over 3,025 employees in 20 offices globally. PIMCO is recognized as an innovator, industry thought leader and trusted advisor to our clients.
PIMCO is one of the world's premier fixed income investment managers with thousands of professionals around the world united in a single purpose: creating opportunities for our clients in every environment. Since 1971, we have brought innovation and expertise to our partnership with the institutions, financial advisors and millions of individual investors who entrust us with their assets. We aspire to cultivate performance and leadership through empowering our people, diversity of thought, and a commitment to an inclusive culture that engages in our global communities. Position Description:
PIMCO Real Estate is part of PIMCO's Alternatives platform with over $34 billion in assets under management across a mix of private equity, evergreen and hedge fund vehicles, and with a range of target returns. The alternatives platform comprises a broad and growing suite of flexible strategies, focused primarily on corporate, real estate and specialty finance sectors, as well as securities trading, and spanning the US, Europe and emerging markets. The teams dedicated to these alternatives strategies are integrated into PIMCO's firm-wide global macroeconomic and Analytics resources. The PIMCO Real Estate team has a broad investment mandate, including investments in private and public equity and debt in real estate and real-estate related assets. Whether we invest in commercial and residential properties and portfolios, or directly into real estate operating companies and servicing platforms, we seek to apply a consistent set of investment principles and analytics, leveraging both public and private data points.
PIMCO is looking for a Senior Vice President, Asset Management - CRE EMEA
To join its growing alternative team in London. The role would be to work with portfolio companies and service providers to ensure best execution of the business plans, manage any adjustment when necessary regarding exit timing and options and to make recommendations to the Debt & Equity desk and fund Investment Committees. Given the wide variety of sectors and geographies where we invest in debt & equity, we are looking for an experienced generalist who has experience in managing a wide range of debt investments and can drive the implementation of the strategy from a board-level position and work with sector specialists and/or consultants to develop the appropriate action plans. The role will be reporting to the Executive Vice President, Head of CRE Asset Management EMEA, in London.
- Proactively manage the European CRE portfolio of debt investments and non-granular NPLs
- Approve and oversee execution business plans.
- Develop and review refinancing strategies in conjunction with finance professionals.
- Participate in acquisitions to assist in underwriting and transition activities to asset management.
- Manage the exit from Investments
- With support from junior asset manager, manage reporting information to internal and external stakeholders.
- 12 + years of proven leadership skills working across cross-functional teams (internal/external)
- 12 + years of asset management experience, operating experience and/or restructuring experience
- CRE Servicer or operating company experience essential
- Experience across several sector / asset classes preferred
- Strong analytical skills
- European languages skills a plus
PIMCO is committed to offering a comprehensive portfolio of employee benefits designed to support the health and well-being of you and your family. Benefits vary by location but may include:
- Medical, dental, and vision coverage
- Life insurance and travel coverage
- 401(k) (defined contribution) retirement savings, retirement plan, pension contribution from your first day of employment
- Work/life programs such as flexible work arrangements, parental leave and support, employee assistance plan, commuter benefits, health club discounts, and educational/CFA certification reimbursement programs
- Community involvement opportunities with The PIMCO Foundation in each PIMCO office