CORPORATE ACTIONS PROCESSING ANALYST (12 month FTC)
Job Title: Corporate Actions Processing Analyst
Department : Corporate Actions
Division : O&T
Reports To : Team Leader Purpose Of Role :
To be responsible for processing Corporate Action related instructions and entitlements in an accurate and timely manner, ensuring internal and external reconciliation. Following established procedures and processes in order to maintain efficiency, minimise risk and provide an excellent client service (whether internal or external) whilst identifying opportunities of process improvement. Maintain high level of client service by responding to client queries resulting from processing promptly and efficiently. Role Accountabilities :
• Act with honesty and integrity at all times, performing duties with a high level of skill, care, diligence and sound judgement.
• Process all types of Voluntary and Mandatory with Option Corporate Actions in a timely manner.
• Ensure all cash and stock exceptions are investigated.
• Display Pro-active approach ensuring team goals are achieved, communicating within the team to identify best use of capacity and resource.
• Contribute to internal controls, and audit requirement by maintaining electronic folders ensuring relevant documents are included.
• Static data updates escalated when identified to ensure continuous improvement of the team processes.
• Follow documented procedures to ensure team compliance with industry regulation and best practice. Knowledge, Skills And Experience Required :
• Has relevant experience in Investment Operations, specifically Corporate Action related activities
• Has understanding of a wide range of Corporate Action event types across major markets and across all instrument types.
• Computer literate
• Has extensive knowledge of the EMEA and UK markets and processing methods.
• CREST and Euroclear knowledge is essential
• Is Corporate Actions swift literate. Required Personal Qualities:
Time Management - Able to prioritize throughout the day, displaying flexibility and team work
Client Relationships/Client Focus - Demonstrates ability to build long term relationships that add-value to the "client". (Clients can be internal and/or external).
Results Orientation - Demonstrates ability to maintain focus, overcome setbacks and obstacles to achieve own and team targets. Can work through a problem logically and in a step-by-step way.
Teamwork - Demonstrates ability to work as part of a team, progressing towards shared goals.
Communication - Demonstrates ability to communicate clearly.
Self Development - Demonstrates drive to continually develop own skills and knowledge.
Commitment to Excellence - Demonstrates commitment to high quality standards, striving continually for self and team improvement Contacts :
The position requires working closely with other departments within Investment Operations (Trade Processing, Securities Lending, and Investment Manager Liaison Group, Data Management and Pricing, etc) as well as with Fund Managers and agents. About Northern Trust
For more than a century, Northern Trust has worked hard building our legacy of outstanding service, expertise and integrity. From a Chicago-based bank founded in 1889, we now have more than 20 international locations and 18,500 employees globally. We serve the world's most-sophisticated clients - from sovereign wealth funds and the wealthiest individuals and families, to the most-successful hedge funds and corporate brands.
We burnished our reputation as a global leader delivering innovative investment management, asset and fund administration, fiduciary and banking solutions enabled by sophisticated, leading technology. And through it all, we continually laid a solid, forward-looking foundation on which future generations can continue growing and achieving greater.
As of March 31,2019, Northern Trust Corporation had:
$10.9 trillion in assets under custody/administration
$8.2 trillion in assets under custody
$1.2 trillion in assets under management
$122 billion in banking assets