COO Data Scientist (Global Market Risk Management) VP
The Risk Division is a highly visible, dynamic area of the firm where you can be an integral part of the decision making that supports the bank's business. Our responsibilities range from Enterprise Risk management to risk and finance reporting, and regional risk teams covering the risk management for our entities. The Risk division's long-term success depends on our ability to achieve our vision and fulfil our mandate. Ultimately, this depends on the skills, experience and engagement of our employees. We offer a collaborative and entrepreneurial environment that offers direct contact with senior management and encourages leadership at all levels.
- The GMRM COO team are responsible for Flex (systems containing all limits data) and PTA (system containing all PTA data). Both systems are key for risk managers to fulfill their mandate.
- A data scientist is required to set up a new team leveraging the existing operational support to create an enhanced data model and develop new techniques to answer critical business questions. In addition he/she will need to use analysis to infer well substantiated business insights in support of risk managers' decision making. This should support better data quality controls and enhanced visualization techniques to provide insight into the data.
Open to discussing flexible/agile working. You Offer
- Software development experiences in Java and/or Python/R, C/C++ as well as advanced databases.
- Preferably experience with scalable big data based advanced analytics software.
- Experience with data models is key.
- Experience in Advanced Data Visualization tools, such as Tableau, Spotfire, Qlikview and others for integration between disparate data sources, design and implementation of KPIs and generation of automatic and scalable visualizations that will facilitate extraction of business insights.
- Strong written and verbal communication, presentation, client service and technical writing skills in English for both technical and business audiences.
- Strong analytical, problem solving and critical thinking skills.
- Ability to work under tight timelines for multiple project deliveries.
- Ability/flexibility to travel and work abroad (infrequent)
- Financial understanding is a plus.
Credit Suisse is committed to providing equal employment opportunities, regardless of ethnicity, nationality, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, religion, age, civil partnership, marital or family status, pregnancy, disability or any other status that is protected as a matter of local law.