FINANCIAL SERVICES RECRUITMENT
LONDON | NEW YORK
CLO Analyst - Team Leader
I currently have an opportunity for someone to join a leading corporate trust business as a Team Leader / CLO Analyst to oversee part of the CDO Analytics unit. My client is one of the largest providers of corporate trust, agency and administration services and have a long-term commitment to corporate trust. As a business they focus on structured finance transactions covering CDO/CLO's, ABS, MBS, CMBS, RMBS, Conventional Debt and a Loan Agency offering.
My client is one of the largest providers of corporate trust, agency and administration services and have a long-term commitment to corporate trust. As a business they focus on structured finance transactions covering CDO/CLO's, ABS, MBS, CMBS, RMBS, Conventional Debt and a Loan Agency offering.
They currently have an opportunity for someone to join their London business as a Team Leader / CLO Analyst to oversee a part of the CDO Analytics unit.
- Responsible for the oversight of all modelling and reporting for CLO transactions within the team.
- Line management responsibilities for a team of 5 modelling and reporting analysts.
- Assisting team members in interpreting and understanding transaction document language and providing an escalation point when decisions are required.
- Attendance and participation in various management committees.
- Creating department specific targets and goals and measuring performance through regular monitoring and employees 1-1/team meetings.
- Regular review of current processes and requirement to participate in risk reporting and risk mitigation initiatives.
- Build and maintain financial models for CLO Transactions.
- Program and reverse engineer financial models according to the terms and conditions defined in securitisation documents;
- Use excel models to allocate a collateral pool's payments to various bondholders, swap counterparties, and investment managers;
- Stress-test cash flow and collateral performance to gauge impact to portfolios under adverse market conditions;
- Calculate various portfolio statistics, ratios and thresholds for use in hypothetical trading scenarios and periodic reporting
- Use SQL and other software to manipulate the considerable amount of collateral-related information maintained in the internal systems
- Responsible for developing value added partnerships with Relationship Management and Deal Administration to assist in client deliverables and improving defining process and techniques to improve efficiency and delivery
- Responsible for ongoing transaction deliverables (e.g. Financial Models, Waterfalls, Investor Reports, Hypothetical test trades)
- Liaise with business partners (Technology, Legal, Compliance, Trustee, Relationship Management, Deal Admin and Sales) to ensure highest client service levels in compliance with the bank's standards.
- Provide Innovative client solutions
- To be successful in the role this person needs to have a level of expertise in structured products and ideally some experience in Corporate Trust if possible.
- Management / Team Leader experience
- Strong technical skill set - Advanced Excel, VBA and ideally SQL
- Strong problem-solving skills
- Strong Financial Modeling skills
- Market awareness
- Strong communication skills
- Building and maintaining partnerships both internally and externally
- Legal documentation review skills
- Strategic thinking
- Complex analytic transaction skills
- Strong decision maker
- Compliance with all policies and procedures at bank-wide and departmental levels
- London, England, United Kingdom
- Permanent, Full time
- Charles Levick