CIB Wholesale Payments - Global Trade (Commercial Bank Clients - CCBSII segment in Western Europe) - VP or ED - London
CIB Wholesale Payments - Global Trade (Commercial Bank Clients - CCBSIIsegment in Western Europe) - VP or ED - London Overview
J.P. Morgan Commercial Banking (CB) Global Tradeoffers financing and risk mitigation products to our Corporate Client Bankingand Specialized Industries (CCBSI) and Middle Market Banking and SpecializedIndustries (MMBSI) client base. Client solutions include Supply ChainFinance, Export / ECA Finance, Trade Loans, Receivables Finance and Purchase,Contract Monetization, I nventoryFinance, Commercial Letters of Credit, Standby Letters of Credit, andGuarantees. This fast growing business is a critical element of acomplete Commercial Banking (CB) client relationship, and an importantcomponent of our Wholesale Payments and international growth strategies.
The Global Trade Sales Officer will take end-to-endownership of a portfolio of clients and bankers covering CCBSI clientsheadquartered in the UK, Germany, France, Spain, The Netherlands, andItaly, The successful candidate will be responsible for Tradefinance business development, management of client strategies, origination ofprofitable business in line with those strategies, client advisory, portfoliomanagement, and issue resolution working closely with Bankers, Credit,Operations, Trade and various internal business partners across lines ofbusiness. Key Objectives andResponsibilities
- Lead EMEA Trade sales and origination efforts forassigned portfolio.
- Identify, qualify, and win opportunities.
- Negotiate and close complex sales of trade orcross-product solutions.
- Develop a robust calling effort across assigned clientportfolio.
- Maintain account plans with banking coverage partnersacross assigned portfolio.
- Meet or exceed aggressive sales goals including:
- Client calling;
- Pipeline development;
- Revenue growth;
- New business acquisition;
- Portfolio profitability;
- Product diversity.
- Collaborate with Bankers, Treasury ManagementOfficers, and Product Sales Specialists to develop and deliver custom globaltrade, international, and cross product solutions for corporate clients.
- Maintain active communications with domestic andinternational Trade partners, and up-to-date knowledge of market and productdevelopments.
- Develop and execute client strategies in closecoordination with Bankers and product partners both at the headquarters andglobally
- Identify potential issues and process inefficienciesand escalate appropriately within the Risk and Control framework.
- Identify challenges and develop solutions. Takeend-to-end ownership to ensure positive trade experience for clients andbankers.
- Deliver best-in-class external materials and engagementsin partnership with Marketing, Product Management, and other key partners.
- Represent JPM's Global Trade capabilities at internaland external events.
- Provide input into product development, marketing, andother strategic initiatives.
- In depth knowledge of the Traditional Trade and Supply Chain Finance products.
- Familiarity with the Export Finance / Export Credit agency product set.
- In depth knowledge of local Trade product set, adjacent banking products, and targeted overseas markets.
- Experience working with credit and an understanding of the credit process.
- Extensive, demonstrated success in sales, relationship building, business development, and results-oriented performance.
- Consultative sales acumen; ability to develop advisory relationships with clients, prospects and bankers. Intensive client focus.
- Excellence in sales, negotiation and deal management.
- Proven ability to establish, develop, and manage relationships with senior executives, and to influence others.
- A team player with a strong sense of ownership.
- An i ndependent, self-motivated, high energy performer able to succeed in a fast-paced environment.
- Strategic thinking, analytical skills, and multi-tasking skills.
- Excellence in c ommunication and organizational navigation.
- Executive presence; polished speaker who can present comfortably with the ability to convincingly present complex material effectively to large and small audiences.
- Understanding of and ability to manage the business and personal factors that influence decision making.
- Capacity for leadership.
- English fluency a must; additional language skills desired
- Ability to travel as needed.
The role is part of Corporate Client Banking & Specialized Industries within the Commercial Bank. This segment is responsible for managing relationships with public and private companies with revenues of $500 million and above. This group provides traditional corporate banking products as well as investment banking products to its clients. CB Global Trade
is a team within Commercial Banking, supporting CB corporate clients and aligned to the firm wide Global Trade line of business. For more than 200 years, J.P. Morgan has helped clients make trade payments, access liquidity, and manage risk. We connect counterparties with market-leading Traditional Trade, Supply Chain Finance, and Export Finance solutions. Our institutional strength, practical expertise, comprehensive technology, and unparalleled network enable us to deliver powerful global solutions, when and where our clients need them. Our global product and technology platform, integrated client service model and network of operational centers enable us to deliver consistent services to clients no matter where they are across the world. About J.P. Morgan's Corporate & Investment Bank:
J.P. Morgan's Corporate & Investment Bank is a global leader across banking, markets and investor services. The world's most important corporations, governments and institutions entrust us with their business in more than 100 countries. With $18 trillion of assets under custody and $393 billion in deposits, the Corporate & Investment Bank provides strategic advice, raises capital, manages risk and extends liquidity in markets around the world. Further information about J.P. Morgan is available at www.jpmorgan.com .
"JPMorgan Chase & Co. offers an exceptional benefits program and a highly competitive compensation package. JPMorgan Chase & Co. is an Equal Opportunity Employer and a member of the UK Government's Disability Confident Scheme."