About Data Analytics at J.P. Morgan CIB Data Analytics at JPMorgan Corporate Investment Bank combines cutting edge machine learning techniques with the company’s unique data assets to optimize all the business decisions we make. We strive to be leaders in technological innovation by deploying cutting-edge AI
About Data Analytics at J.P. Morgan CIB
Data Analytics at JPMorgan Corporate Investment Bank combines cutting edge machine learning techniques with the company’s unique data assets to optimize all the business decisions we make. We strive to be leaders in technological innovation by deploying cutting-edge AI techniques and driving the first adoption of strategic cloud platforms. At the same time, culture matters to us and we have worked hard to foster a community amongst all AI and ML practitioners firm-wide to promote sharing, collaboration, learning and, most importantly, fun.
In this role, you will be part of our industry-leading data analytics team, and advance the state-of-the-art in financial applications ranging from generating business intelligence to predictive models and automated decision making.
The role will be in the firm’s Applied AI and Machine Learning organization and will involve working closely with the Investment Banking team.
The successful candidate will apply data analytics techniques from both traditional statistics and machine learning to a combination of third party, publically available and JPMorgan proprietary datasets, with the goal of answering questions relevant to our Investment Banking team and the firm’s clients.
- Collaborate with the Investment Banking team to define and recommend new and innovative ways of using public and proprietary JPMC data to drive new business.
- Act as a key collaborator on product design, influencing the way in which JPMC builds its client-facing tools, to ensure the most scalable and data-centric outcome.
- Work closely with ML/AI, technology, product, and business partners across JPMC to maximize sharing of information and best-practices
- Research and analyze data sets using a variety of statistical and machine learning techniques
- Communicate final results and give relevant business context
- Document approach and techniques used
- Work on longer term projects, build tooling that can be used to scale certain types of analyses across multiple datasets and business use cases
- Collaborate with other J.P. Morgan AI, machine learning and quantitative teams
- Effectively manage and develop the team in North America; act as a senior leader across global team
Required Technical Qualifications and experience
- Proven track record of technical task leadership and effective people management, including attracting and developing top talent
- MS or PhD in a quantitative discipline, e.g. Computer Science, Mathematics, Statistics, Operations Research, Data Science, or similar BS with experience in highly quantitative position
- Must have hands-on experience analyzing data in a professional setting
- Strong ability to develop and debug in Python or similar professional programming language
- Must be able to undertake basic and advanced EDA, may require some direction from more senior team; should be aware of limitation and implication of methodology choices
- Must have the ability to design or evaluate intrinsic and extrinsic metrics of your model’s performance which are aligned with business goals
- Self-starter; must be able to independently research and propose alternatives with some guidance as to problem relevance
- Able to work with non-specialists in a partnership model, conveys information clearly and creates a sense of trust with stakeholders
- Experience applying either statistical or ML techniques for data analysis to drive business results
- Strong prior investment banking (or similarly relevant) experience, either in product or advisory capacity