CIB Global Infrastructure - Credit Risk - Infrastructure & Project Finance - Vice President
The Credit Risk Infrastructure & Project Finance team is responsible for lending activities and related credit exposures. The team manages project specific credit risks and engages with credit officers, capital markets and relationship partners throughout the Bank globally covering a wide variety of industries. The team provides input and approval on financing structure, documentation, and market convention as it relates to project finance and infrastructure transactions. It covers developed and emerging markets and works on transactions for both greenfield and brownfield projects in the transportation, energy, power, telecom and social infrastructure sectors. As a member of the team, Vice Presidents are exposed to a wide variety of client types spanning multiple industries and exercise analytical skills to assess the risks in highly structured transactions. Job Responsibilities:
• Use strong analytical and problem-solving skills to understand risks and recommend structure which sufficiently protects JPM's interests in various structured transactions.
• Interface extensively with the Infrastructure Finance and Structuring team to conduct due diligence. Perform financial statement analysis and modelling, technical and markets analysis in order to assess the creditworthiness of counterparties and make recommendations as to appropriate structure, exposure levels and risk grading.
• Actively involved in the negotiation of credit terms and in analyzing and synthesizing third party consultant reports and engineering construction and procurement development plans and progress.
• Perform ongoing due diligence and financial analysis for a portfolio of counterparties including credit approval memos and reviews, ongoing counterparty and industry credit analysis, monitoring of trading limits and appropriate credit ratings, and negotiating documentation revisions.
• Prepare and present to senior management a quarterly risk review that details exposure metrics analyzing key trends, drivers, and concentrations.
• Provide oversight on work efforts of junior team members, providing guidance where needed to ensure quality of various credit processes. Requirements:
• Bachelor's Degree from an accredited university/college required, preferably in accounting, finance, economics or related field
• 7-9 years of professional work experience in financial services preferred. Prior experience in infrastructure, credit/counterparty risk, and derivative products strongly preferred.
• Strong sector experience across energy and infrastructure assets and with negotiating highly structured credit documents
• Strong financial modeling ability and familiarity with financial statements (including ability to analyze capital structure, profitability, project build costs and cash flow).
• Knowledge of technical aspects and analysis on credit standards, contracts, cash flows, budgets, construction reports, operating reports, etc.
• Supporting portfolio management, including analyzing amendment and waiver requests, assisting with monitoring periodic credit approval renewals.
• Exceptional analytical aptitude and ability to think abstractly. Strong organizational skills, ability to learn quickly, and a high level of attention to detail.
• Understanding of front office processes and ability to balance necessities of credit risk management with commercial requirements. Ability to build rapport and influence change.
• Excellent communication (written, oral, and listening) and interpersonal skills; the ability to convey thoughts clearly and succinctly and to communicate pertinent complex information in a clear and organized manner.
• Self-motivated with the ability to work independently while also being able to work effectively in a team environment. Desire and willingness to take ownership of various credit risk responsibilities.
• Candidates must be highly proficient in Excel (including analysis/control of large datasets), PowerPoint, and Word.