CIB F&BM Global Commodities Group - Metals Product Controller - Associate
Global Commodities Group - Metals Product Controller (Associate) - London
The Metals Product Control team consists of 6 professionals supporting more than 20 traders.
The Metals business comprises of Precious and Base metal trading. The former encompasses Gold, Silver, Platinum and Palladium trading, identifying opportunities for mining companies, central banks and hedging funds. Base Metals primarily deal on the London Metal Exchange in futures and options - aluminium, copper etc. as well as OTC and physical trading solutions for manufacturers and suppliers.
The trading books operate across 3 locations and time zones (London, Singapore and New York) requiring extensive interaction with Front Office and Operations in all locations.
The successful candidate will have a working knowledge of derivative products, combined with financial reporting experience and a strong control mindset.
Participating in the requirement setting & implementation of the Target State Architecture deliverable is an essential part of the role.
- Run Risk and P&L explain for the Trading desk
- Explain P&L residuals
- Client Value and Portfolio Management analysis
- Balance Sheet Monitoring, Analysis and Usage Review
- Continually challenge the GCG Target Operating Model
- Coordinate with IB Ops, IB Tech and Finance to progress delivery of Target State Architecture.
- Month end management (P&L forecasts, Interaction with Valuation Control Group)
- Quarterly Corporate external reporting / footnote presentation
- New Business proposals (NBIA )
- Analytical and problem solving skills.
- Pro-activity in identifying control gaps, defining resolution and taking to closure
- Ability to communicate effectively across the organization, both orally and in writing
- Knowledge of derivative option products and/or commodities an advantage.
- Motivated, positive "can do" attitude.
- Influencing skills to manage interaction with diverse groups internally and externally.
- A flexible proactive approach, ability to adapt to business change.
- Finance background. Preferably qualified accountant, but not essential.
- Previous Commodities and/or Product Control experience beneficial but not essential.
To be considered forthis role, you may be required to complete the video interview powered ByHireVue. AboutJ.P. Morgan's Corporate & Investment Bank:
J.P. Morgan'sCorporate & Investment Bank is a global leader across banking, markets andinvestor services. The world's most important corporations, governments andinstitutions entrust us with their business in more than 100 countries. With$18 trillion of assets under custody and $393 billion in deposits, theCorporate & Investment Bank provides strategic advice, raises capital,manages risk and extends liquidity in markets around the world. Furtherinformation about J.P. Morgan is available at www.jpmorgan.com .
JPMorganChase & Co. offers an exceptional benefits program and a highly competitivecompensation package. JPMorgan Chase & Co. is an Equal Opportunity Employerand a member of the UK Government's Disability Confident Scheme.
Closing date: July 17, 2019