CIB F&BM Cash Equities Product Control Analyst
CIB - F&BM - Cash Equities Product Controller - Analyst Description
The EMEA Equities business is split into several core businesses - of which this role will be sitting in the Cash Equities Space. The Core activities of the Cash Equities business are:
- Single-Stock: Interacts with client directly, though communication may be electronic. Relationship-driven Trades developed European equities for global clients. Sales teams in US, Asia and EMEA branches
- Electronic: Clients send orders electronically that are filled directly on exchange or crossed internally
- Emerging Markets: Provide global clients access to EMEA Emerging Markets cash equities. Onshore in South Africa, Russia, Poland. Supported by a generalist hub, in London and New York.
- Program Trading: Simultaneous trading of a group of instruments, typically cash equities, as a single unit (basket) so actions carried out on portfolio (allocation, release for trading, etc) rather than stock by stock basis.
The primary function is reporting the daily P&L to traders and senior management. In addition to the production of the daily P&L, the role will include the Financial and Control elements, as well as working on projects within the Product Control space. The role requires extensive interaction with FO traders, Financial Control and Operations, as well as exposure to Market Risk and Project teams, and various other functions throughout the bank.
The EMEA Equities Risk Product Control team serves as the Equities face to corporate Market Risk Management globally. The team functions as a reporting and control unit for the market risk generated by the Equities business, in which the products include cash equities, equity derivatives, convertibles, and some credit & commodity products. In this role, there is daily interaction with the front office and market risk functions. The primary responsibilities of the Control team are:
- Substantiating and reporting by both revenue type and greeks the reported P&L on a daily basis, adjusting price and position breaks where appropriate.
- Various P&L reconciliations
- Substantiation of exceptions between Balance sheet / GL and Front Office systems.
- Month end FX trade in/out management
- Involvement in projects and process improvements related to P&L and risk reporting, new initiatives and systems.
- Provide accurate and timely equities portfolios market risk analysis
- Generate risk reports and investigate risk reporting related queries
The role will require front to back view of control agenda and the candidate will have oversight of month-end reconciliations performed by Financial Control hub, and production of month-end MIS reporting for senior management.
About J.P. Morgan's Corporate & Investment Bank:
- The specific experience necessary for this position is:
- Equities product knowledge, particularly Cash Equities but some Derivatives knowledge would be advantageous.
- Proactive approach to problem solving and ability to identify and drive though change
- Strong analytical skills and attention to detail including a strong control focus
- Excellent communication skills and ability to develop strong working relationships
- Intermediate Excel skills as a minimum
J.P. Morgan's Corporate & Investment Bank is a global leader across banking, markets and investor services. The world's most important corporations, governments and institutions entrust us with their business in more than 100 countries. With $18 trillion of assets under custody and $393 billion in deposits, the Corporate & Investment Bank provides strategic advice, raises capital, manages risk and extends liquidity in markets around the world. Further information about J.P. Morgan is available at www.jpmorgan.com .
"JPMorgan Chase & Co. offers an exceptional benefits program and a highly competitive compensation package. JPMorgan Chase & Co. is an Equal Opportunity Employer and a member of the UK Government's Disability Confident Scheme."