CIB F&BM - Global Fund Services Product Controller
CIB F&BM - Global Fund Services Product Controller (EMEA) - Associate - London Description JPMorgan Chase & Co.
(NYSE: JPM) is a leading global financial services firm with assets of $2.6 trillion and operations worldwide. The Firm is a leader in investment banking; financial services for consumers and small businesses, commercial banking, financial transaction processing, asset management and private equity. A component of the Dow Jones Industrial Average, JPMorgan Chase & Co. serves millions of consumers in the United States and many of the worlds most prominent corporate, institutional and government clients under its J.P. Morgan and Chase brands. www.jpmorganchase.com .
Securities Services Product Controllers' are part of the Corporate Investment Bank-Securities Services Finance team and are responsible for providing Product Controller support for the Custody, Fund Services, Alternative Investments Services, Depository Receipts and Agent Lending products.
Securities Services has an annual revenue of $4.2bn, $150bn of Deposits, and $24tr of AUC.
An enthusiastic, highly motivated associate is required to support the Global Fund Services Product Controller. This role provides an opportunity to work closely with Product and Business Managers to drive a clear understanding of the business trends and provide insightful analysis to facilitate effective management of the business in the region. In addition this role needs to ensure tight controls around month end close and effective and insightful communication and analysis as well as ensuring a robust revenue forecast process.
Over and above the BAU this individual will be expected to contribute to Product initiatives as they arise, understand the impact on Finance / the control environment and contribute towards provision of the appropriate financial analysis to support as well as ensuring adherence to product controller standards in the region.
Excellent communication skills (both written and verbal) will be key to the successful development of this role which as well as the ability to forge a strong partnership with a multitude of key partners (Product BM, Liquidity, Risk, BCO, Financial Control) as well as other Product Controllers across the C&FS space. Key responsibilities
- Demonstrate a clear understanding of the product(s) responsible for, and the drivers impacting the P&L, providing insightful analysis to senior Product and Finance managers in the region to facilitate effective and focused management of the business.
- Responsible for the month end close process of the product(s) responsible for - forecast, ledger close and understanding of actuals vs. forecast with clear articulation of underlying drivers of the results and associated implications
- Support the Global Fund Services controller on other controller & client billing initiatives.
- Engage with BM and Product to understand key drivers impacting the business in order to be able to highlight risks and opportunities to Plan, promptly escalate areas of concern help drive solutions and create a robust forecast for the rest of the year
- Support key finance / business projects including the review of NBIAs (New Business Initiative Approvals) from a Product Control/Finance perspective
- Support monthly Finance reviews with Global and Reginal product management team
- Partner with BMs through the planning process to ensure the development of a strong base run rate as well as ensuring an understanding of other overlays built into the plan
- Monthly/Quarterly Legal Entity Controller & regulatory reporting compliance .
About J.P. Morgan's Corporate & Investment Bank:
- Qualified / Part qualified accountant preferably with experience within the Financial Services industry
- Product Control experience an advantage
- Excellent communication skills including the ability to present complex finance issues to non finance individuals - i.e. ability to tailor style and content as appropriate
- Analytical mind-set, structured approach, attention to detail and accuracy.
- Strong interpersonal and relationship-building skills
- Ability to deal with multiple requests in a fast moving environment with proven ability to prioritize tasks to meet key deliverables
- Strong technical skills including advanced Excel, experience with Tableau a positive.
J.P. Morgan's Corporate & Investment Bank is a global leader across banking, markets and investor services. The world's most important corporations, governments and institutions entrust us with their business in more than 100 countries. With $18 trillion of assets under custody and $393 billion in deposits, the Corporate & Investment Bank provides strategic advice, raises capital, manages risk and extends liquidity in markets around the world. Further information about J.P. Morgan is available at www.jpmorgan.com .
JPMorgan Chase & Co. offers an exceptional benefits program and a highly competitive compensation package. JPMorgan Chase & Co. is an Equal Opportunity Employer and a member of the UK Government's Disability Confident Scheme.
To be considered for this role, you may be required to complete the video interview powered By HireVue.