CIB - Wholesale Payments - Trade Regional Head - ED or MD (London)
J.P. Morgan's Corporate & Investment Bank(CIB)
isa global leader across banking, markets and investor services. The world's mostimportant corporations, governments and institutions entrust us with theirbusiness in more than 100 countries. With over $24 trillion of assets undercustody and $430 billion in deposits, the Corporate & Investment Bankprovides strategic advice, raises capital, manages risk and extends liquidityin markets around the world. Global Trade (GT)
is a division ofWholesale Payments. For more than 200 years, J.P. Morgan has helped clientsmake trade payments, access liquidity, and manage risk. We connectcounterparties with market-leading Traditional Trade, Supply Chain Finance, andExport Finance solutions. Our institutional strength, practical expertise,comprehensive technology, and unparalleled network enable us to deliverpowerful global solutions, when and where our clients need them. Our globalproduct and technology platform, integrated client service model and network ofoperational centers enable us to deliver a consistent set of services toclients no matter where they are across the world. Background:
J.P. Morgan's trade business has underperformedversus its direct peers over the last 15 years. With the business recentrealignment into the Wholesale Payments business, J.P Morgan Trade is about tolaunch a large swathe of investments and new product capabilities that will putJ.P. Morgan into the top tier of global trade banks. These products willbe launched and administered on a global basis, with regional product personnelreporting directly into global product functions. The regional head rolesat JP Morgan will be solely focused on client development, trade clientcoverage, sales and revenue growth against a defined universe of clients. Separately there will be a Global Portfolio management function that similarlyto the product organization will be a globally deployed and globallyadministered first line of defense within Trade to supplement the product andsales organizations. Position Summary:
J.P. Morgan is looking for a highlyexperienced, proven Trade Sales Head to join and lead its Regional Trade teamwithin its Wholesale Payments business. This team delivers a range ofstrategically significant value-add solutions to clients in the Region. Basedin London, Sao Paolo, (Singapore / Hong Kong), the position reports to the Headof GT and is a key member of the global management team, while setting thecustomer strategy and driving the sales activities of the regions GT teams. Responsibilities:
Qualifications / Experience Must Haves:
- Buildand maintain a world class Trade sales team covering Corporate Investment Bankand Commercial Bank parent and subsidiary clients operating in the region.
- Setsales goals and develop comprehensive scorecard metrics for the trade salesteams.
- Driveglobal revenue for customers parented in the region.
- Bethe senior sales deal closer in the region with all clients
- Championthe Global Trade strategy specifically the delivery of SCF and the newstructured solutions in the region.
- Drivethe trade client agenda with the banking teams to ensure that they are helpingto originate trade opportunities.
- Delivercredibility in front of clients and banking teams by knowing the new existingcapabilities intimately, and how and when they should be appropriatelydelivered to the client base.
- Overseesaccount planning in support of the Trade products in the region, the salesstrategy and for the effective pipeline management against resources available.
- Actas the regional voice of the client to set the strategic direction for theclient servicing function, including engagement in technology and productinitiatives which are globally centralized.
- Responsiblefor the regional performance of GT in the voice of client feedback and fordelivering gains in market share.
- Clientadvocacy; works closely with the global product and portfolio management headsto ensure the end-to-end client experience is understood and considered in allstrategic decision making.
- Representas senior sales officer in the region the advocacy of the regional client baseon all Global Deal Review and risk / capital management committees
- Co-leadwith the regional portfolio management head as the regional first line ofdefense in all our client interactions in the region.
- Responsiblefor hiring, staff planning and staff development of all customer facing andsales team members in the region.
- Actas the senior lead with the regional banking teams and is responsible forimproving banking feedback on the effectiveness of the regional trade personneland the overall quality of client engagement / dialogue.
- Responsiblefor the development and maintenance of 3-year strategic sales and revenue plansfor the customers in the region.
- Ensureappropriate levels of product expertise in sales and relationshipmanagement teams to sell complete suite of trade & loan products.
- Meet/exceedsales new business origination targets and revenue growth objectives.
- Actas the senior lead on key deals with customers from and in the region to ensuredeals are won and revenue realized.
- Furtherdevelop sales team through coaching and training, proactively managing talent,supplementing team with active recruiting.
- Providemarket and competitive feedback to product management.
About J.P. Morgan's Corporate & Investment Bank:
- Extensive experience in Trade Products, (commercial letters of credit, collections, financings, standby LCs, Supply Chain Finance, Export Finance, Commodity Finance, Trade Lending, Receivables Purchase and Securitization).
- Extremely strong background with a comprehensive track record of success in leading and closing a large volume of Supply Chain Finance mandates across the region.
- Strong accounting knowledge of the rules and regulations surrounding Supply Chain Finance.
- Extremely strong background in Commodity Trade Finance including having experience of selling, structuring and growing borrower base finance deals.
- Strong background and knowledge of IFRS 9 and FAS 166 /167 accounting principles as it relates to true sale receivables purchases.
- Experience of having led and closed large structured receivables programs with a high degree of familiarity of the key tranching and risk mitigation tools that can be used.
- Knowledge and experience of inventory finance including both direct and off-balance sheet financing techniques
- Background of having sold and led Trade loans for Multi-national corporations and their subsidiaries around the world.
- Superior credit, risk and structuring skills focused on those skills needed for Supply Chain Finance, true sale receivables purchase / securitization and inventory finance.
- As well as a proven background in the above trade working capital and structured solutions capabilities the successful candidate needs to have a proven background in selling and closing the traditional trade service capabilities across the region.
- Proven track record in originating and closing trade transactions across multiple products, geographies and legal jurisdictions
- Strong financial and analytical skills; financially disciplined
- Quick to spot and distil key business issues, communicate and drive high performance teams around agreed priorities; strong commercial judgment and influencing abilities
- Exceptional stakeholder relations with the ability to interpret and deliver complex messages and concepts concisely both internally and externally at all levels within the organization and across LOBs
- Dynamic, passionate and energetic, proven leader with ability to innovate, influence/drive change and challenge sales teams
- Relentless focus on client experience
- Highest level of integrity and good judgment; tremendous team player
- Flexibility for regular domestic and international travel
- Fluent in a major language in the region beyond English.
- Bachelor's degree is required, Masters or MBA degree is preferred
J.P. Morgan's Corporate & Investment Bank is a global leader across banking, markets and investor services. The world's most important corporations, governments and institutions entrust us with their business in more than 100 countries. With $18 trillion of assets under custody and $393 billion in deposits, the Corporate & Investment Bank provides strategic advice, raises capital, manages risk and extends liquidity in markets around the world. Further information about J.P. Morgan is available at www.jpmorgan.com .
JPMorgan Chase & Co. offers an exceptional benefits program and a highly competitive compensation package. JPMorgan Chase & Co. is an Equal Opportunity Employer and a member of the UK Government's Disability Confident Scheme .