CIB - Wholesale Payments - EMEA Trade Sales - Industrial - ED - London
Corporate & Investment Bank: Global Trade Sales - Executive Director Overview
Global Trade is a critical element of a complete Corporate & Investment Bank ("CIB") client relationship, and an important component of our international growth strategy. We offer financing and risk mitigation products to our CIB and CCBSI corporate client base. Client solutions include Supply Chain Finance, Export / ECA Finance, Trade Loans, Receivables Finance and Purchase, Contract Monetization, I nventory Finance, Commercial Letters of Credit, Standby Letters of Credit, and Guarantees.
The Global Trade Sales representative will take end-to-end ownership of a portfolio of clients and bankers, responsible for Trade business development, management of client strategies, origination of profitable business in line with those strategies, client advisory, portfolio management, and issue resolution working closely with Corporate Bankers, Credit, Operations, Trade and various internal business partners across Lines of Business. Key Objectives and Responsibilities
Determination of role seniority will be made based upon size, complexity of the underlying portfolio and market.
Qualifications / Skills / Experience
- Lead sales and origination efforts for trade for assigned portfolio.
- Identify, qualify and win opportunities
- Negotiate and close complex sales of trade or cross-product solutions
- Develop robust calling effort across assigned client portfolio.
- Maintain account plans with banking coverage partners across assigned portfolio.
- Maintain CRM to have at all times an accurate personal scorecard. Scorecard should show the following: (performance and performance reviews including the "How" and "What" will be tracked by scorecard).
- Average of 20 client sales calls per month
- Year on year revenue growth across portfolio of 10 to 20% depending on market.
- Comply with and represent portfolio in all Global engagement committee approvals
- ROE on deals and clients of 10%. (adjusted for region and market)
- Depending on size of portfolio and complexity of market annual wins of 1.5-5MM per annum, of which 50% needs to be in the form of fee income.
- Balanced cross section of entirety of Trade product suite in pipeline and wins.
- Leverage partnerships with bankers and product partners to develop and deliver custom global trade, international, and cross product solutions for corporate clients
- Maintain active communications with onshore and regional Trade partners in overseas markets, and up-to-date knowledge of market and product developments
- Take end-to-end ownership to ensure positive trade experience for clients and bankers
- Develop and execute client strategies in close coordination with Bankers, product specialist
- Intensive client focus
- Identify potential issues and process inefficiencies and escalate accordingly within the Risk and Control framework;
- Identify challenges and develop solutions
- Work with Marketing, Product Management, and Global Trade partners to deliver best-in-class external materials and engagements
- Represent JPMC's Global Trade capabilities at internal and external events
- Provide input into product development, marketing, and other strategic initiatives
- Organize and lead ad-hoc teams
About J.P. Morgan's Corporate & Investment Bank:
- In depth knowledge of the Traditional Trade and Supply Chain Finance products
- Familiarity with the Export Finance / Export Credit agency product set
- In depth knowledge of local Trade product set, banking products, and local market issues for targeted overseas markets
- A considerable level of previous proven sales, relationship building, and business development skills
- Strategic thinking and demonstrated analytical skills
- Experience working with credit and an understanding of the credit process.
- Strong sense of ownership
- A team player
- Independent, self-motivated, high energy, able to succeed in a fast-paced environment
- Excellent selling and negotiation skills
- Excellent communication skills with strong organizational and multi-tasking abilities
- Executive presence and consultative sales acumen; ability to develop advisory relationships with clients, prospects and bankers
- Polished speaker who can present comfortably; ability to convincingly present complex material effectively to large and small audiences.
- Proven ability to establish, develop, and manage relationships with senior executives. Ability to understand and manage the business and personal factors that influence decision making.
- Proven track record of results-oriented performance; building and influencing strategic relationships; ability to lead and influence others
- Capable of working with minimal supervision
- Leadership potential preferred
- Written and spoken English fluency
- Ability to travel as needed
J.P. Morgan's Corporate & Investment Bank is a global leader across banking, markets and investor services. The world's most important corporations, governments and institutions entrust us with their business in more than 100 countries. With $18 trillion of assets under custody and $393 billion in deposits, the Corporate & Investment Bank provides strategic advice, raises capital, manages risk and extends liquidity in markets around the world. Further information about J.P. Morgan is available at www.jpmorgan.com .
JPMorgan Chase & Co. offers an exceptional benefits program and a highly competitive compensation package. JPMorgan Chase & Co. is an Equal Opportunity Employer and a member of the UK Government's Disability Confident Scheme.