CIB - Treasury Services - Treasury Advisory Solutions - Associate - London
Corporate & Investment Bank - Treasury Services - Treasury Advisory EMEA - Associate - London, UK About J.P. Morgan Corporate & Investment Bank JPMorgan Chase & Co is a global financial services powerhouse with assets of US$2.3 trillion and operations in more than 60 countries. The firm is a leader in investment banking, financial services for consumers, small business and commercial banking, financial transaction processing, asset and wealth management, and private equity.
J.P. Morgan's Corporate & Investment Bank (CIB) is a global leader across banking, markets and investor services. The world's most important corporations, governments and institutions entrust us with their business in more than 100 countries. With $18 trillion of assets under custody and $393 billion in deposits, the Corporate & Investment Bank provides strategic advice, raises capital, manages risk and extends liquidity in markets around the world.
Department Summary Treasury Services (TS) -- the world's largest cash management provider -- moves, concentrates and invests client money. Treasury Services sits within J.P. Morgan's newly formed Wholesale Payments offering which also provides Merchant Services, Corporate Card and Trade Finance solutions. TS products include payments, collections, investments, and information services that help companies manage working capital and liquidity. The business, which operates in more than 40 countries, is the world's largest U.S. dollar clearer, processing an average of $3.2 trillion in fund transfers each day. More than 135,000 corporations, financial institutions, governments and municipalities in over 180 countries and territories entrust their cash business to J.P. Morgan
Position Summary The Associate role in the Treasury Advisory Solutions team supports a team of experienced transaction banking and corporate treasury executives who consult and advise clients on treasury best practices, lead the design of complex multi-regional transformational deals and generate innovative solutions spanning multiple countries and regions to meet challenging new sales, pipeline and portfolio growth targets.
The Associate will partner with colleagues within other Product Management teams as well as with colleagues from multiple sales and Coverage teams to jointly drive new business from existing and prospective clients, across Corporate and Non-bank FI ("NBFI") segments. The successful candidate will have excellent analytical and numerical skills, work well within diverse teams and ideally have corporate treasury industry experience.
Key Accountabilities/Major Responsibilities
- Partner in the delivery of global sales targets for EMEA by supporting team members in the development of solutions to corporate and NBFI clients through market data analysis, benchmarking and consultative presentation materials
- Take a consultative approach to structure innovative and complex solutions across multiple countries and regions
- Partner with the Product, Sales and Coverage organisations to develop new solutions and 'go to market' strategies
- Contribute to J.P. Morgan's thought leadership in cash and treasury management solutions through extensive research and idea generation
- Partner with other Sales Associates and Junior Bankers on various corporate treasury related topics and transfer successful cases studies to the knowledge base of the broader sales force
- Partner with product management organization to leverage new capabilities and generate new product ideas based on emerging needs from our clients
- Ensure strong risk management compliance and adherence to client relevant Audit, Credit, Marketing, Tax, Accounting, Compliance and Risk policies
Personal/Professional Attributes The ideal candidate is a creative, innovative team player. It is critical that the Associate is able to engage productively with multiple counterparts to develop strong, long term working relationships. It is also important that this person operate with emotional maturity, good judgment and has an ability to work with professionals at all levels inside J.P. Morgan. Strong analytical, technical problem solving, planning and organizational skills are a must.
It is important for the Associate to be team oriented and to enjoy working in a collegiate environment. The ability to delegate effectively and pay attention to detail while maintaining a high level of productivity will also be important.
The Associate must have strong interpersonal skills and be able to communicate effectively in presentations; expressing complex financial concepts in a structured and articulate manner.
This individual must be dedicated to the Firm's goals and he/she will have uncompromising personal integrity.
General Knowledge and Experience Required:
About J.P. Morgan's Corporate & Investment Bank:
- Corporate finance and/or treasury and/or consulting experience required
- Bachelors Degree required
- An Accounting or Corporate Treasury qualification is an advantage
- Must have previous experience in the preparation of marketing materials and presentations
- Strong quantitative and analytical skills, including Excel and PowerPoint skills
- Strong accounting skills and understanding of product impact on company financials
- Must be a self starter and proactive by taking initiative and anticipating team needs
- Willingness to work hard and be a team player.
- An ability to juggle multiple tasks balancing the management of both long and short term deliverables simultaneously.
J.P. Morgan's Corporate & Investment Bank is a global leader across banking, markets and investor services. The world's most important corporations, governments and institutions entrust us with their business in more than 100 countries. With $18 trillion of assets under custody and $393 billion in deposits, the Corporate & Investment Bank provides strategic advice, raises capital, manages risk and extends liquidity in markets around the world. Further information about J.P. Morgan is available at www.jpmorgan.com .
"JPMorgan Chase & Co. offers an exceptional benefits program and a highly competitive compensation package. JPMorgan Chase & Co. is an Equal Opportunity Employer and a member of the UK Government's Disability Confident Scheme ."