CIB - Securities Services - Depositary Service Product Development Team - VP
CIB - Securities Services - Depositary Service Product Development Team - VP JP Morgan Chase
JPMorgan Chase & Co. (NYSE: JPM) is a leading global financial services firm with operations worldwide. The firm is a leader in investment banking, financial services for consumers and small business, commercial banking, financial transaction processing, and asset management. A component of the Dow Jones Industrial Average, JPMorgan Chase & Co. serves millions of consumers in the United States and many of the world's most prominent corporate, institutional and government clients under its J.P. Morgan and Chase brands. Information about JPMorgan Chase & Co. is available at http://www.jpmorganchase.com/ . Depositary Service
JPMorgan is one of the world's largest Depositaries with over US$2.3 trillion of assets under depositary. The business is part of the Securities Services organisation and is critical to the success of the Custody and Fund Services enterprise, operating primarily in EMEA and the USA.
The Depositary Services business oversees that clients' funds are managed in accordance with applicable regulations and policies, ultimately acting on behalf of the funds' investor base. This involves regular oversight and on-going monitoring of the funds' investment activities, governance, appointed service providers including 3 rd parties, and other fiduciary activities. The business is in the early stages of a strategic transformation programme, which will introduce fundamental changes to its technology infrastructure, daily activities, and organizational structure. The initiative is being managed in close partnership with several other areas within the Securities Services organization.
The business is recruiting for a VP to report to a senior Product Developer within the Depositary Services Product Development Team, tasked with developing and implementing a strategic operating model for the business. This is a front office role that will lead the strategic vision for the business' operating model, and drive holistic change across the organisation. The role will require pro-active partnership with business specialists, operational support teams, technology groups, vendors, legal specialists, risk and control partners, and other project stakeholders.
The primary responsibilities of the role are to:
- Define and deliver the end-to-end strategic vision
- Define success criteria for projects; implement plans and approaches; implement project governance; agree resourcing; inform and influence stakeholders.
- Manage critical projects to delivery, including risk identification, business process redesign, and technology implementation.
- Practical ownership of actions to progress the business towards the strategic vision.
- Develop business solutions towards our strategic vision:
- Identify the core objectives that will deliver best in class client solutions; mitigate risk; and reduce cost.
- Detailed analysis to support proposed solutions in line with our strategic vision.
- Communicate and agree the solution with stakeholders across the business.
The successful candidate should have:
About J.P. Morgan's Corporate & Investment Bank:
- A demonstrated ability to be curious; interpret, analyse and explain complex financial regulations; identify risks and requirements; lead projects and implement change.
- A demonstrated ability to combine similar complex requirements to form practical standard solutions.
- A proven ability to engage with and work with multiple business partners and stakeholders, negotiating and influencing them to agree to a proposed strategic and standardised solutions.
- Effective analytical capabilities, including fluency in Word, Excel and PowerPoint. Experience of process redesign tools such as a BPMN an advantage but additional training is also available to the successful candidate.
- An ability to work collaboratively in teams.
- Excellent written and interpersonal skills.
Financial industry experience covering a spectrum of financial instruments and industry sectors is a distinct advantage, especially in regard to the depositary function, custody, asset management, operations, fund accounting and administration. However, the business is looking to construct a well-balanced team, including people with detailed subject matter expertise and people with fresh ideas and perspectives. Strong candidates with transferable skills not directly relating to the depositary industry will be considered as well as industry experts.
J.P. Morgan's Corporate & Investment Bank is a global leader across banking, markets and investor services. The world's most important corporations, governments and institutions entrust us with their business in more than 100 countries. With $18 trillion of assets under custody and $393 billion in deposits, the Corporate & Investment Bank provides strategic advice, raises capital, manages risk and extends liquidity in markets around the world. Further information about J.P. Morgan is available at www.jpmorgan.com .
JPMorgan Chase & Co. offers an exceptional benefits program and a highly competitive compensation package. JPMorgan Chase & Co. is an Equal Opportunity Employer and a member of the UK Government's Disability Confident Scheme.